- America (EN)
- United Kingdom (EN)
- India (EN)
- Ireland (EN)
- Malaysia (EN)
- Singapore (EN)
- Canada (EN)
- Australia (EN)
- Nigeria (EN)
- Ghana (EN)
- Kenya (EN)
- South Africa (EN)
- España (ES)
- Argentina (ES)
Premier League Preview: Aston Villa - Manchester City
Villans and their under-pressure boss Alex McLeish are also in need of points as they look for their first win at Villa Park since November 5 when they defeated Norwich City 3-2
By Joel Lamy
Hutton, Dunne, Cuellar, Warnock
Ireland, Keane, N'Zogbia
Richards, Kompany, Lescott, Clichy
Johnson, Aguero, Silva
Aston Villa will hope to have James Collins back in the squad after missing three games with a calf injury, whilst Gabrel Agbonlahor and Marc Albrighton could also return.
Manchester City should have captain Vincent Kompany back from a knee problem but will still be without both Toure brothers, who are on international duty with Ivory Coast, and Mario Balotelli who completes his four-match ban.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- Manchester City have scored three times in each of their last four Premier League home games, but just once from their last four away matches.
- The last time they scored more than one goal away from home in the league came in the 3-2 win against QPR on November 5.
- They have won just one of their last six away matches in the league and two of their last nine in all competitions.
- The earlier fixture between the two sides this season saw City triumph 4-1 at the Etihad Stadium.
- November 5 is also the last time Aston Villa registered a home win and it was also a 3-2 scoreline, coming against Norwich City.
- Since then they have had six matches at Villa Park without winning, although that run has included the visits of Manchester United, Arsenal and Liverpool.
- Villa have recovered 11 points from losing positions this season.
- Having scored just three goals in seven matches between November 21 and December 26, they have since scored 12 in their next seven leading up to Sunday’s fixture.
- Villa have won 35 times at Villa Park in the league compared to just 14 times for City, with 23 meetings ending as draws.
- The last time City triumphed over Villa in Birmingham was a 3-1 win in 2006.
- Several players could be facing their former club: Villa's Shay Given, Richard Dunne and Stephen Ireland (pictured above) previously played for City, whose James Milner and Gareth Barry are ex-Villans.
How do you stay up to date with football when on the move? With http://m.goal.com – your best source for mobile coverage of the beautiful game.
|Sign up with William Hill for a free bet up to £25|
|Sign up with bet365 for a free bet up to £200|
|Sign up to Paddy Power for £250 in free bets|
|Sign up today with Coral and get a £50 FREE bet - no strings attached!|
|Sign up today with BetVictor and get a £25 FREE BET!|
Top 3 Predictions
Aston Villa 1-3 Manchester City FC
- 14.14 %
Aston Villa 0-3 Manchester City FC
- 10.99 %
Aston Villa 0-2 Manchester City FC
- 10.01 %
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Mar 4, 2013||Aston Villa 0 - Manchester City FC 1|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Nov 17, 2012||Manchester City FC 5 - Aston Villa 0|
|England - Capital One Cup (CCUP)||Sep 25, 2012||Manchester City FC 2 - Aston Villa 4|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Feb 12, 2012||Aston Villa 0 - Manchester City FC 1|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Oct 15, 2011||Manchester City FC 4 - Aston Villa 1|
|May 19, 2013||Wigan Athletic 2 - Aston Villa 2||EPL|
|May 11, 2013||Aston Villa 1 - Chelsea FC 2||EPL|
|May 4, 2013||Norwich City 1 - Aston Villa 2||EPL|
|Apr 29, 2013||Aston Villa 6 - Sunderland 1||EPL|
|Apr 22, 2013||Man Utd. 3 - Aston Villa 0||EPL|
|Returns:||Aston Villa £560.00||Sign up with William Hill for a free bet up to £25|
|Returns:||Draw £150.00||Sign up with William Hill for a free bet up to £25|
|Returns:||Manchester City £17.30||Sign up with bet365 for a free bet up to £200|
|24||Carlos Javier Cuéllar||Defender|
|34||Nigel De Jong||Midfielder|
Times In BST
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed