- America (EN)
- United Kingdom (EN)
- India (EN)
- Ireland (EN)
- Malaysia (EN)
- Singapore (EN)
- Canada (EN)
- Australia (EN)
- Nigeria (EN)
- Ghana (EN)
- Kenya (EN)
- South Africa (EN)
- España (ES)
- Argentina (ES)
Premier League Preview: Aston Villa v Liverpool
Stewart Downing, who makes his return to the Midlands, scored the winner in this fixture last year and there could be a reunion for Emile Heskey against Kenny Dalglish's side
By Joel Lamy
Hutton, Dunne, Collins, Warnock
Herd, Petrov, Bannan
Albrighton, Bent, N’Zogbia
Johnson, Agger, Skrtel, Enrique
Adam, Henderson, Rodriguez
Kuyt, Suarez, Downing
Brad Guzan will continue deputising for Shay Given, while Gabriel Agbonlahor is suspended having picked up his fifth booking of the season against Bolton. His omission could see Emile Heskey (against his former side), Stephen Ireland or Nathan Delfouneso get a starting place. Fabian Delph has recovered from a knee injury which saw him miss the Bolton match.
For Liverpool, Jay Spearing is suspended for the second game of his ban and Steven Gerrard has not recovered from his ankle injury.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- Aston Villa’s 2-1 win at Bolton was their first away win this season in all competitions.
- They have had just 63 shots on target in the league, fewer than any other team.
- Villa have lost two of their last three home games.
- At Villa Park, the home side have 38 league wins to Liverpool’s 27, while 21 have ended in a draw.
- Villa player of the year Stewart Downing (pictured right) could make his return at Villa Park. Downing scored the only goal in this fixture on the last day of last season before making the move to Anfield.
- That was Villa’s first win at home against Liverpool in 13 matches going back to a 2-1 win in 1998.
- Liverpool have the best defensive record having only conceded more than a single goal on one occasion – a 4-0 loss at Tottenham Hotspur.
- Liverpool’s games have produced the fewest goals this season with only 31 in 15 matches.
- Their win against QPR was just their third at Anfield in eight matches.
- The Reds have tasted defeat in just one of their last 13 matches in all competitions.
How do you stay up to date with football when on the move? With http://m.goal.com – your best source for mobile coverage of the beautiful game.
|Sign up with William Hill for a free bet up to £25|
|Sign up with bet365 for a free bet up to £200|
|Sign up to Paddy Power for £250 in free bets|
|Sign up today with Coral and get a £50 FREE bet - no strings attached!|
|Sign up today with BetVictor and get a £25 FREE BET!|
Top 3 Predictions
Aston Villa 0-9 Liverpool
- 34.43 %
Aston Villa 0-2 Liverpool
- 18.97 %
Aston Villa 1-2 Liverpool
- 10.92 %
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Mar 31, 2013||Aston Villa 1 - Liverpool 2|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Dec 15, 2012||Liverpool 1 - Aston Villa 3|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Apr 7, 2012||Liverpool 1 - Aston Villa 1|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Dec 18, 2011||Aston Villa 0 - Liverpool 2|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||May 22, 2011||Aston Villa 1 - Liverpool 0|
|May 19, 2013||Wigan Athletic 2 - Aston Villa 2||EPL|
|May 11, 2013||Aston Villa 1 - Chelsea FC 2||EPL|
|May 4, 2013||Norwich City 1 - Aston Villa 2||EPL|
|Apr 29, 2013||Aston Villa 6 - Sunderland 1||EPL|
|Apr 22, 2013||Man Utd. 3 - Aston Villa 0||EPL|
|Returns:||Aston Villa £710.00||Sign up with William Hill for a free bet up to £25|
|Returns:||Draw £360.00||Sign up with William Hill for a free bet up to £25|
|Returns:||Liverpool £16.20||Sign up with bet365 for a free bet up to £200|
|24||Carlos Javier Cuéllar||Defender|
|25||José Reina Paez||Goalkeeper|
Rumours said the Bulgarian was available for transfer and Alex McLeish confirmed that he was willing to listen to offers, although he doesn't want to lose the midfielder. Having responded with a goal against Bolton, Petrov will want to put in another big performance in order to convince his manager (or any others watching) that he is still a Premier League player.
With his disciplinary case about allegations of racism not concluding until next week, it will be interesting to see if Suarez is distracted or not when he lines up again Villa. The Midlands club will probably be set-up well defensively, so the magic of Suarez will most likely be needed once again after he scored the winner last week.
Villa have come up against both Manchester clubs and Tottenham this season but offered little to no threat, and with Gabriel Agbonlahor suspended and Darren Bent having not scored in four, Liverpool will feel they just need to score once to come away with the points.
Times In BST
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed