- America (EN)
- United Kingdom (EN)
- India (EN)
- Ireland (EN)
- Malaysia (EN)
- Singapore (EN)
- Canada (EN)
- Australia (EN)
- Nigeria (EN)
- Ghana (EN)
- Kenya (EN)
- South Africa (EN)
- España (ES)
- Argentina (ES)
Premier League Preview: Arsenal v Everton
The in-form Gunners look to continue excellent league performances against Toffees, who hold dubious Premier League record for leakiest defence against a single opponent
By Josh Clarke
Djourou, Koscielny, Mertesacker, Vermaelen
Arteta, Song, Ramsey
Walcott, Van Persie, Gervinho
Hibbert, Heitinga, Jagielka, Baines
Coleman, Fellaini, Rodwell, Osman
David Moyes is sweating over the fitness of three front men for the visit to London. Whereas Victor Anichebe is still a week or so away from fitness, both Louis Saha and Royston Drenthe will face late fitness tests after recently picking up minor niggles. Otherwise, the only decisions the Toffees boss should have to make are whether to recall Phil Neville to his starting XI or replace Diniyar Bilyaletdinov with Jack Rodwell.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- Arsenal did the Premier League double over Everton last season, winning 2-1 on both occasions.
- Robin van Persie (pictured right) has lashed in 18 goals and provided five assists in 20 appearances this term.
- Everton have scored just 15 goals so far this season, exactly half of Arsenal’s tally.
- Arsenal have lost just once to Everton in their last 10 meetings, back in 2007.
- Everton don’t do well at all in north London, chalking up just one win in 19 visits, with the last one coming over 15 years ago.
- Against Everton, Arsenal have the finest goalscoring record of any team versus any opposition in Premier league history, clocking up 79 goals.
- In their last 11 outings against the Gunners, Everton have scored 11 goals.
- Arsenal’s tally of 19 points from their last seven Premier League matches is equal to the tally they took from their previous 18 games.
|Sign up with William Hill for a free bet up to £25|
|Sign up with bet365 for a free bet up to £200|
|Sign up to Paddy Power for £250 in free bets|
|Sign up today with Coral and get a £50 FREE bet - no strings attached!|
|Sign up today with BetVictor and get a £25 FREE BET!|
Top 3 Predictions
Arsenal 3-1 Everton
- 26.77 %
Arsenal 3-0 Everton
- 21.33 %
Arsenal 2-0 Everton
- 15.08 %
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Apr 16, 2013||Arsenal 0 - Everton 0|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Nov 28, 2012||Everton 1 - Arsenal 1|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Mar 21, 2012||Everton 0 - Arsenal 1|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Dec 10, 2011||Arsenal 1 - Everton 0|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Feb 1, 2011||Arsenal 2 - Everton 1|
|May 19, 2013||Newcastle 0 - Arsenal 1||EPL|
|May 14, 2013||Arsenal 4 - Wigan Athletic 1||EPL|
|May 4, 2013||QPR 0 - Arsenal 1||EPL|
|Apr 28, 2013||Arsenal 1 - Man Utd. 1||EPL|
|Apr 20, 2013||Fulham 0 - Arsenal 1||EPL|
|Returns:||Arsenal £15.00||Sign up with bet365 for a free bet up to £200|
|Returns:||Draw £150.00||Sign up with William Hill for a free bet up to £25|
|Returns:||Everton £710.00||Sign up with William Hill for a free bet up to £25|
|20||Robin van Persie||Striker|
It took the Spaniard a little while to bed down into his new surrounding at the Emirates but the playmaker now appears to be crucial to the Arsenal cause. The ex-Everton man will know exactly what makes his previous colleagues tick and will know the quickest route straight to the jugular.
If Everton hope to leave north London with any points, the rapid winger may have to be the go-to man. With a host of injuries at full-back, Wenger will be forced to chuck two extra centre-halves into the fray and Coleman, who likes to attack his opposite number, could capitalise on any defensive insecurity.
The Emirates will be buzzing with confidence, particularly after both Manchester clubs’ midweek exits from the Champions league. Arsenal are riding the crest of the wave and there’s nothing in Everton’s patchy form that suggests they will be able to stop a team currently brimming with confidence. Expect the Gunners to claim this one pretty comfortably.