Premier League Preview: Manchester City v Norwich
The leaders remain the only side yet to be beaten in the EPL, and are currently on a run of 16 games without loss at the Etihad Stadium
By Adithya Ananth
Richards, Kompany, Lescott, Clichy
Milner, Yaya Toure, Barry, Silva
Naughton, Martin, Barnett, Tierney
Bennett, Fox, Johnson, Pilkington
Meanwhile, Paul Lambert has to make do without the services of James Vaughan and Elliott Ward, since the duo are sidelined with their respective knee injuries. Ritchie De Laet (back) is a doubt for this encounter as he is reportedly yet to return to training following his injury.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Manchester City are the only team yet to be beaten in the Premier League this season.
- Along with Liverpool and Newcastle United, Roberto Mancini's men also have the best defensive record in the league; they have let in only 12 goals in 13 matches.
- The hosts have not lost a single game in their last 16 league clashes at home. They are also on a run of 11 consecutive victories.
- Norwich City last beat these opponents back in 2001, with a 2-0 result at Carrow Road.
- If all matches ended at half-time the Canaries would be in sixth position in the league, as opposed to their current 10th place.
- Paul Lambert's men have conceded 11 goals on their top-flight travels this season. In the top half of the table, only Arsenal have shipped more.
Visit our Euro 2012 microsite for all you need to know ahead of Friday's draw and beyond - team profiles, stadium guides, even which hotels are best to stay in!
|Sign up with William Hill for a free bet up to £25|
|Sign up with bet365 for a 100% deposit bonus up to £200|
|Sign up to Paddy Power for £250 in free bets|
Top 3 Predictions
Manchester City FC 4-0 Norwich City
- 19.23 %
Manchester City FC 3-0 Norwich City
- 16.51 %
Manchester City FC 3-1 Norwich City
- 9.19 %
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Feb 8, 2014||Norwich City 0 - Manchester City FC 0|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Nov 2, 2013||Manchester City FC 7 - Norwich City 0|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||May 19, 2013||Manchester City FC 2 - Norwich City 3|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Dec 29, 2012||Norwich City 3 - Manchester City FC 4|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Apr 14, 2012||Norwich City 1 - Manchester City FC 6|
|Manchester City FC|
|Apr 16, 2014||Manchester City FC 2 - Sunderland 2||EPL|
|Apr 13, 2014||Liverpool 3 - Manchester City FC 2||EPL|
|Apr 5, 2014||Manchester City FC 4 - Southampton 1||EPL|
|Mar 29, 2014||Arsenal 1 - Manchester City FC 1||EPL|
|Mar 25, 2014||Man Utd. 0 - Manchester City FC 3||EPL|
|34||Nigel De Jong||Midfielder|
The Italian is returning from a suspension and may be given a start, and he will be looking to make amends for the red card he received against Liverpool.
The goalkeeper will have to be on his toes since City have scored more goals than any other team in the Premier League. The shot-stopper's performance, coupled with that of the back line, will be paramount if the underdogs are to stand any chance of snatching a point off the league leaders.
City's home form is exemplary, and while Norwich have made a confident return to the top flight, firepower from the likes of Aguero and Balotelli is likely to be too much for them to handle, ensuring another Etihad win for Roberto Mancini's men.
Times In BST
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed