Premier League Preview: Manchester United v Newcastle United
Sir Alex Ferguson's charges have a fantastic record against their opponents in the past few years, as they are currently undefeated in the last 17 league meetings
By Adithya Ananth
Jones, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra
Nani, Fletcher, Carrick, Park
Simpson, Taylor, Coloccini, Taylor
Ameobi, Cabaye, Guthrie, Gutirrez
Meanwhile, Wayne Rooney and Danny Welbeck are slight doubts for the encounter at Old Trafford but either could start alongside Javier Hernandez.
Newcastle United boss Alan Pardew will have to make do without Sylvain Marveaux, who is out with a groin injury. Michael Williamson (ankle) joins the Frenchman in the treatment room. Nile Ranger and James Tavernier are also unavailable, as the duo have gone out on loan to Barnsley and Sheffield Wednesday respectively.
Leon Best, Gabriel Obertan and Cheick Tiote are all doubts for this game.
||DID YOU KNOW|
- Manchester United are undefeated in their last 17 matches against Newcastle United in the Premier League.
- Barring Manchester City (42), the Red Devils have scored the most number of goals in the top-flight, with 29 against their name.
- But in their last five matches in the league, Sir Alex Ferguson's men have scored only one goal in each game. This includes the draw with Liverpool and the loss to City.
- Newcastle United have never beaten these opponents at Old Trafford in Premier League history.
- But they are well positioned to rewrite history books, since they are currently placed fourth in the standings. Moreover, they have lost to only one team in the top-flight this season, which came in the form of a 3-1 defeat at Eastlands in the last round of games.
- Alan Pardew's men may have conceded three goals in their last league clash, but they still remain a miserly defence. Along with Liverpool and Manchester City, they have conceded the joint fewest number of goals so far (11).
How do you stay up to date with football when on the move? With http://m.goal.com – your best source for mobile coverage of the beautiful game.
|Sign up with William Hill for a free bet up to £25|
|Sign up with bet365 for a free bet up to £200|
|Sign up to Paddy Power for £250 in free bets|
|Sign up today with Coral and get a £50 FREE bet - no strings attached!|
|Sign up today with BetVictor and get a £25 FREE BET!|
|Sign up with Betway for an exclusive bet £10 get £20 free bet!|
Top 3 Predictions
Man Utd. 2-0 Newcastle
- 23.76 %
Man Utd. 3-1 Newcastle
- 13.55 %
Man Utd. 2-1 Newcastle
- 12.89 %
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Dec 7, 2013||Man Utd. 0 - Newcastle 1|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Dec 26, 2012||Man Utd. 4 - Newcastle 3|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Oct 7, 2012||Newcastle 0 - Man Utd. 3|
|England - Capital One Cup(League Cup) (CCUP)||Sep 26, 2012||Man Utd. 2 - Newcastle 1|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Jan 4, 2012||Newcastle 3 - Man Utd. 0|
|Dec 10, 2013||Man Utd. 1 - Shakhtar Donetsk 0||UCL|
|Dec 7, 2013||Man Utd. 0 - Newcastle 1||EPL|
|Dec 4, 2013||Man Utd. 0 - Everton 1||EPL|
|Dec 1, 2013||Tottenham 2 - Man Utd. 2||EPL|
|Nov 27, 2013||Bayer 04 Leverkusen 0 - Man Utd. 5||UCL|
|1||David de Gea||Goalkeeper|
|22||Fabio Da Silva||Defender|
|14||Javier 'Chicharito' Hernandez||Striker|
|10||Hatem Ben Arfa||Midfielder|
Times In BST
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed