Premier League Preview: Swansea City v Manchester United
The newly promoted side have conceded only one goal at the Liberty Stadium all season and have never been beaten by the Red Devils on home turf in their history
By Adithya Ananth
Rangel, Monk, Williams, Taylor
Dyer, Britton, Gower, Sinclair
Jones, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra
Nani, Fletcher, Rooney, Park
Stephen Dobbie (ankle) and Steven Caulker (knee) are both doubts, with the latter believed to be unlikely to make it in time for this fixture.
Meanwhile, Sir Alex Ferguson has a fair amount of injury worries, with Darron Gibson (ankle), Michael Owen (thigh), and Chris Smalling (toe) currently on the sidelines, although Tom Cleverley and Ashley Young have been tipped for returns.
Meanwhile, Ryan Giggs, Rafael and Anderson are doubts for this clash as they are still regaining fitness following their respective injuries, with the lengthy list of absentees likely forcing Sir Alex to use Wayne Rooney in midfield again.
| DID YOU KNOW?
- Swansea City are undefeated at home in the Premier League this season, having won three and drawn two of their five games at the Liberty Stadium.
- The Swans have also conceded only one goal at home in the league this campaign, with no other team having a better defensive record.
- This match will be the first meeting between the two sides in the Premier League era. The last time they locked horns was back in 1983 when Frank Stapleton and Bryan Robson scored one each to give the Red Devils a 2-1 victory.
- Manchester United have played Swansea 16 times during the course of their history, but have never been able to beat the opposition away from home.
- But Sir Alex Ferguson's players are currently undefeated on their travels this season and have scored 10 goals. Manchester City, Tottenham Hotspur and Arsenal have scored more.
- United have scored one or more goals in their last 14 league games, but they have scored only one goal in each of their last four matches.
How do you stay up to date with football when on the move? With http://m.goal.com – your best source for mobile coverage of the beautiful game.
|Sign up with William Hill for a free bet up to £25|
|Sign up with bet365 for a free bet up to £200|
|Sign up to Paddy Power for £250 in free bets|
|Sign up today with Coral and get a £50 FREE bet - no strings attached!|
|Sign up today with BetVictor and get a £25 FREE BET!|
|Sign up with Betway for an exclusive bet £10 get £20 free bet!|
Top 3 Predictions
Swansea 0-3 Man Utd.
- 23.31 %
Swansea 0-2 Man Utd.
- 22.42 %
Swansea 1-3 Man Utd.
- 13.54 %
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Aug 17, 2013||Swansea 1 - Man Utd. 4|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||May 12, 2013||Man Utd. 2 - Swansea 1|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Dec 23, 2012||Swansea 1 - Man Utd. 1|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||May 6, 2012||Man Utd. 2 - Swansea 0|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Nov 19, 2011||Swansea 0 - Man Utd. 1|
|Dec 9, 2013||Swansea 1 - Hull 1||EPL|
|Dec 4, 2013||Swansea 3 - Newcastle 0||EPL|
|Dec 1, 2013||Manchester City FC 3 - Swansea 0||EPL|
|Nov 28, 2013||Swansea 0 - Valencia CF 1||EL|
|Nov 23, 2013||Fulham 1 - Swansea 2||EPL|
|1||David de Gea||Goalkeeper|
|14||Javier 'Chicharito' Hernandez||Striker|
|22||Fabio Da Silva||Defender|
The goalkeeper has experienced good times at the Liberty Stadium this season, but he may need to up his performance by another notch if the Swans are to keep a clean sheet.
The England international has shone in his new role in midfield, and his attacking skills will likely be necessary for the visitors to breach the defensive walls of the opposition.
Manchester United are the better side, but Swansea have been stubborn on their own turf. The visitors' quality, as well as the the fear of Manchester City getting away, should propel Sir Alex Ferguson's men to snatch three points.
Times In BST
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed