Premier League Preview: Liverpool v Norwich City
Reds have lost only once in their last 14 Premier League games at home, and the last time the visitors beat the Merseyside outfit was the last game played in front of the old Kop
By Adithya Ananth
Johnson, Carragher, Skrtel, Enrique
Gerrard, Henderson, Adam, Downing
Naughton, Martin, Barnett, Tierney
Bennett, Fox, Johnson, Pilkington
Liverpool manager Kenny Dalglish will have to make do without midfielder Lucas Leiva, as the Brazilian is suspended after picking up his fifth yellow card of the season against Manchester United.
Glen Johnson could come in at right-back after playing over an hour in the recent friendly against Rangers.
Young defender Jack Robinson remains a doubt due to an ankle problem, and is believed to be unlikely to make it in time to be a part of the squad.
Norwich City boss Paul Lambert could be poised to name an unchanged line-up for the fifth consecutive game, having notched up three victories in the last four matches in the Premier League.
But this is provided Steve Morison recovers in time after reportedly taking a knock in the recent victory over fellow newcomers Swansea City. Daniel Ayala, James Vaughan and Elliott Ward (all knee) remain sidelined, while Zak Whitbread is thought to have returned to full training after overcoming a hamstring injury sustained against Chelsea.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- Liverpool have lost only one of their previous 14 Premier League games at Anfield, having won nine and drawn four in the process.
- The Reds have also won their last four league games against the Canaries, scoring 11 goals. But the last time these two sides met in the top-flight was back in 2005, the year that the Merseysiders famously beat AC Milan and won the Champions League on penalties.
- The last time that the visitors beat the Reds was back in 1994, when a long range strike from Jeremy Goss saw them register a 1-0 victory. That was also the last game at Anfield prior to the reconstruction of the old Kop.
- Norwich City have beaten Liverpool only four times in a league game away from home.
- In total, they have scored 60 goals in all competitions against the Merseyside club, conceding 104 times in the process.
- Should Paul Lambert's men recreate their triumph of 1994 at Anfield, they will be level on points with Liverpool.
|Sign up with William Hill for a free bet up to £25|
|Sign up with bet365 for a free bet up to £200|
|Sign up to Paddy Power for £250 in free bets|
Top 3 Predictions
Liverpool 3-0 Norwich City
- 26.1 %
Liverpool 9-0 Norwich City
- 16.03 %
Liverpool 2-0 Norwich City
- 12.94 %
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Dec 4, 2013||Liverpool 5 - Norwich City 1|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Jan 19, 2013||Liverpool 5 - Norwich City 0|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Sep 29, 2012||Norwich City 2 - Liverpool 5|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Apr 28, 2012||Norwich City 0 - Liverpool 3|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Oct 22, 2011||Liverpool 1 - Norwich City 1|
|Mar 1, 2014||Southampton 0 - Liverpool 3||EPL|
|Feb 23, 2014||Liverpool 4 - Swansea 3||EPL|
|Feb 16, 2014||Arsenal 2 - Liverpool 1||FA|
|Feb 12, 2014||Fulham 2 - Liverpool 3||EPL|
|Feb 8, 2014||Liverpool 5 - Arsenal 1||EPL|
|44||Ritchie De Laet||Defender|
Times In BST
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed