Premier League Preview: Manchester City v Everton
Both sides are on good streaks, but with the Toffees having faced a testing 120 minutes in midweek, will they have the legs to deal with their fresh-faced opponents?
By Joe Doyle
Richards, Kompany, Lescott, Clichy
Barry, Toure Yaya
Silva, Aguero, Nasri
Neville, Jagielka, Distin, Baines
Coleman, Fellaini, Barkley, Drenthe
Manchester City look set to return to the same line-up which drew with Fulham last Sunday after their midweek defeat of Birmingham in the League Cup, despite Owen Hargreaves' impressive debut.
There are no fresh injury concerns for Roberto Mancini, but the midfield pairing of James Milner and Nigel de Jong are set to miss out again with a concussion and a foot injury respectively.
For Everton, Victor Anichebe is the only player missing with a long-term groin injury, while manager David Moyes can look to a strong set of deadline-day loan signings to bolster his team.
The form of youngster Ross Barkley is reportedly attracting the interest of Chelsea and Manchester United already, and it looks likely that the 17-year-old will play on Saturday.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- Both sides have conceded on average a goal per game this season, but Manchester City have scored an impressive 17 to Everton's six.
- Manchester City boast three of the top four scorers in the Premier League, with Sergio Aguero on eight goals and Edin Dzeko (pictured right) six, while Emmanuel Adebayor, currently on loan at Tottenham, has three.
- Until last week's draw against Fulham, Manchester City were on a seven-match winning streak.
- Everton hold an impressive record against the hosts, having won seven of the previous eight meetings between the two sides.
- Before last weekend's 2-2 at Fulham, the last time Manchester City drew a game was in February.
|Sign up with William Hill for a free bet up to £25|
|Sign up with bet365 for a free bet up to £200|
|Sign up to Paddy Power for £250 in free bets|
|Sign up today with Coral and get a £50 FREE bet - no strings attached!|
|Sign up today with BetVictor and get a £25 FREE BET!|
|Sign up with Betway for an exclusive bet £10 get £20 free bet!|
Top 3 Predictions
Manchester City FC 3-1 Everton
- 20.17 %
Manchester City FC 2-0 Everton
- 14.78 %
Manchester City FC 3-0 Everton
- 10.59 %
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Oct 5, 2013||Manchester City FC 3 - Everton 1|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Mar 16, 2013||Everton 2 - Manchester City FC 0|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Dec 1, 2012||Manchester City FC 1 - Everton 1|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Jan 31, 2012||Everton 1 - Manchester City FC 0|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Sep 24, 2011||Manchester City FC 2 - Everton 0|
|Manchester City FC|
|Dec 7, 2013||Southampton 1 - Manchester City FC 1||EPL|
|Dec 4, 2013||West Bromwich Albion 2 - Manchester City FC 3||EPL|
|Dec 1, 2013||Manchester City FC 3 - Swansea 0||EPL|
|Nov 27, 2013||Manchester City FC 4 - FC Viktoria Plzeň 2||UCL|
|Nov 24, 2013||Manchester City FC 6 - Tottenham 0||EPL|
Times In BST
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed