- America (EN)
- United Kingdom (EN)
- India (EN)
- Ireland (EN)
- Malaysia (EN)
- Singapore (EN)
- Canada (EN)
- Australia (EN)
- Nigeria (EN)
- Ghana (EN)
- Kenya (EN)
- South Africa (EN)
- España (ES)
- Argentina (ES)
Premier League Preview: Chelsea v Swansea City
The Blues are hoping to bounce back from defeat to Manchester United, their one and only loss of the season, in the first ever top-flight clash between the two clubs
By Adithya Ananth
Bosingwa, Ivanovic, Terry, Cole
Ramires, Meireles, Lampard
Mata, Anelka, Torres
Rangel, Monk, Williams, Taylor
Dyer, Gower, Allen, Sinclair
Alex is suspended for this clash, while David Luiz and Florent Malouda may not feature due to having played 120 minutes in midweek.
Brendan Rodgers is without Kemy Agustien (hamstring), Craig Beattie (ankle), Ferrie Bodde (knee) and Alan Tate (broken leg) for the clash at Stamford Bridge.
Danny Graham is believed to have failed a fitness test for the previous game against West Bromwich Albion, and remains a doubt for this game. Neil Taylor was stretchered off during that match and may not be involved at Stamford Bridge.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- Chelsea and Swansea City have never locked horns in a top-flight game. Their last meeting was a second division game back in 1983, when the London-based club ran riot with a 6-1 victory at home.
- The Blues have conceded six goals so far in the Premier League. Only Liverpool (seven), of the teams in the top half of the table, have shipped in more.
- The hosts have also experienced some defensive troubles, as they have kept only one clean sheet in their last nine league games.
- However, they also remain undefeated in their last nine league games at home.
- The Swans have beaten their opponents only once before in a league game away from home, and that was in 1925 when Thompson, Fowler and Hole ensured that Harry Wilding's goal made no significant difference to the outcome of the game.
- Brendan Rodgers' men have scored only three goals in five league games, and they all came last week against West Bromwich Albion.
- Former Chelsea man Scott Sinclair (pictured above right) was the man who scored Swansea's first goal in the Premier League.
|Sign up with William Hill for a free bet up to £25|
|Sign up with bet365 for a free bet up to £200|
|Sign up to Paddy Power for £250 in free bets|
|Sign up today with Coral and get a £50 FREE bet - no strings attached!|
|Sign up today with BetVictor and get a £25 FREE BET!|
Top 3 Predictions
Chelsea FC 3-0 Swansea
- 27.62 %
Chelsea FC 4-0 Swansea
- 23.68 %
Chelsea FC 2-0 Swansea
- 9.78 %
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Apr 28, 2013||Chelsea FC 2 - Swansea 0|
|England - Capital One Cup (CCUP)||Jan 23, 2013||Swansea 0 - Chelsea FC 0|
|England - Capital One Cup (CCUP)||Jan 9, 2013||Chelsea FC 0 - Swansea 2|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Nov 3, 2012||Swansea 1 - Chelsea FC 1|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Jan 31, 2012||Swansea 1 - Chelsea FC 1|
|May 24, 2013||Chelsea FC 3 - Manchester City FC 4||FR|
|May 19, 2013||Chelsea FC 2 - Everton 1||EPL|
|May 15, 2013||Benfica 1 - Chelsea FC 2||EL|
|May 11, 2013||Aston Villa 1 - Chelsea FC 2||EPL|
|May 8, 2013||Chelsea FC 2 - Tottenham 2||EPL|
|Returns:||Chelsea £12.00||Sign up with bet365 for a free bet up to £200|
|Returns:||Draw £360.00||Sign up with William Hill for a free bet up to £25|
|Returns:||Swansea City £810.00||Sign up today with BetVictor and get a £25 FREE BET!|
|12||John Obi Mikel||Midfielder|
Times In BST
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed