Goal.com previews the action in store as Schalke host Manchester United in the Champions League semi-final first-leg.
Neuer; Uchida, Howedes, Metzelder, Escudero; Farfan, Papadopoulos, Jurado, Baumjohann; Raul, Edu.
There are question marks over the fitness of midfielder Peer Kluge, who returned to training last week but did not play over the weekend, as well centre-back Benedikt Howedes. Definite absentees from the Schalke squad are Klaas-Jan Huntelaar, Mario Gavranovic, Christian Pander, Christoph Moritz, and Tim Hoogland.
|Manchester United (4-4-2)
Van der Sar; Rafael, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra; Valencia, Giggs, Carrick, Park; Hernandez, Rooney.
Dimitar Berbatov is doubtful with a groin strain, but Javier Hernandez and Wayne Rooney are expected to lead the attacking line whether or not the Bulgarian is fit to play. Midfielder Darren Fletcher is also a doubt, having missed a month of action with a stomach virus. Definitely ruled out of contention to play is Owen Hargreaves.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- Schalke have won three and lost four of their nine run-ins with English opposition. Their home record in these fixtures is W3 D1 L1.
- Ralf Rangnick's side have won every single one of their home matches in the Champions League this season.
- This tie marks Schalke's first ever trip to the Champions League semi-finals.
- During his tenure at Real Madrid, Raul (pictured right) scored four goals in three Champions League games against United.
- Raul has won the Champions League three times, all as a Real Madrid player, as many times as United have won the competition.
- Manchester United have lost their last four knock-out ties against German opposition.
- The Red Devils are competing in their 12th semi-final in Europe's elite club competition.
- During his six-year spell at Bayer Leverkusen, Dimitar Berbatov managed six goals in 11 Bundesliga appearances against Schalke.
- Michael Owen scored a hat-trick on his last appearance on German soil. The striker bagged all three goals as United beat Wolfsburg 3-1 in the group stages last season.
- Sir Alex Ferguson has led United to six Champions League semi-finals, his record is won three, lost three.