Walter Mazzarri's men will strive to get back to winning ways and salvage what's left of their faltered title bid when they face the Grifoni at San Paolo on Saturday
De Sanctis; Ruiz, Cannavaro, Campagnaro; Dossena, Gargano, Yebda, Maggio; Hamsik, Lavezzi; Cavani
Napoli will be counting their lucky stars, as coach Walter Mazzarri has a full strength squad to choose from, in stark contrast to their opponents for this match. Victor Ruiz is likely to continue at the back and should be preferred to Salvatore Aronica, whilst key duo Paolo Cannavaro and Ezequiel Lavezzi both return for their respective suspensions.
Eduardo; Criscito, Kaladze, Moretti, Mesto; Antonelli, Kucka, Konko, Rafinha; Floro Flores, Paloschi.
Davide Ballardini has to contend with a number of unfortunate absences, as Marco Rossi and Miguel Veloso remain on the sidelines with injury. They will also be without the services of suspended trio Dario Dainelli, Omar Milanetto and Rodrigo Palacio. However, unlike their hosts Napoli, Genoa have a fairly impressive depth to their squad, so filling in empty gaps isn't a problem.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- Before Napoli's 1-0 victory in December at the Marassi, the Partenopei had failed to beat Genoa in six previous meetings.
- Napoli have failed to win in their last three meetings with the Grifoni on home soil, scoring just once in this time.
- Napoli's hopes of clinching their first Scudetto since 1990 have seemingly disappeared after two consecutive defeats to Udinese and Palermo.
- The Partenopei's 12-game unbeaten run at home in Serie A came to an abrupt end in their 2-1 loss to Udinese a fortnight ago.
- Genoa, on the other hand, have claimed victory in their last two games, albeit both at home against lowly Brescia and Lecce.
- However, the Rossoblu have picked up just one point from their last four games on the road.
- Alongside Juventus, Napoli have netted the most headed goals this term in Serie A with 10, half of these coming from Edinson Cavani.
- Cavani has returned to joint-top of the Capocannoniere rankings in Serie A with 26 goals to his name after scoring last weekend against Palermo.
- Twenty of Napoli's 54 league goals have been scored in the last 15 minutes of play, a Serie A record. However, in the same spell, Genoa have conceded just three times, the lowest out of all Serie A sides this season.