Serie A preview: Lazio - Juventus
These two fallen giants face off in this colossal encounter, with the Champions League firmly in the sights of both
By Livio Caferoglu
Muslera; Garrido, Dias, Biava, Lichtsteiner; Ledesma, Bresciano, Matuzalem; Hernanes; Zarate, Floccari
Coach Edy Reja has a fairly strong team at his disposal, with one new absence in playmaker Stefano Mauri, who picked up a red card against Inter. Long-term absentees Mobido Diakite and Stefan Radu remain on the sidelines, whilst Giuseppe Sculli is a doubt.
Buffon; Grosso, Chiellini, Bonucci, Motta; Marchisio, Aquilani, Melo, Krasic; Del Piero, Matri
For Luigi Del Neri, he will be relieved to know that there are no fresh injury worries or suspensions for him to bear in mind whilst choosing his squad. Jorge Martinez returns to the selection after being passed fit to play. Quartet Leandro Rinaudo, Fabio Quagliarella, Vincenzo Iaquinta and Mohamed Sissoko are all still out of contention, and are unlikely to return before the end of the season.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- Lazio have lost more to Juventus than any other Serie A side, with defeat being tasted 67 times.
- Lazio have also conceded more goals against Juventus than any other Serie A side, with a whopping 238 goals being leaked.
- Juventus are unbeaten in their last 12 meetings with Lazio, possessing a recent record of eight wins and four draws.
- Since 2005, Juventus have not lost at the Olimpico in Serie A, with eight wins and three draws being accumulated on their trips to the capital.
- Juventus may be unbeaten in their last six matches, but they have failed to pick up three points in their last two games.
- Away from home, the Old Lady have won only one of their last four games, ironically at the Olimpico, comprehensively beating Roma 2-0.
- Lazio have won six and lost four of their last 10 fixtures, with a draw last coming in February against Chievo.
- Alessandro Del Piero is on course to net his 10th goal against Lazio in Serie A.
- Luca Toni has already attempted 27 headers on goal this season - a league high.
- Lazio are one match away from accumulating 700 Serie A draws.
|Sign up with William Hill for a free bet up to £25|
|Sign up with bet365 for a free bet up to £200|
|Sign up to Paddy Power for £250 in free bets|
Top 3 Predictions
Lazio 1-2 Juventus
- 25.45 %
Lazio 0-2 Juventus
- 13.98 %
Lazio 0-1 Juventus
- 9.17 %
|Italy - Serie A (ITA1)||Jan 25, 2014||Lazio 1 - Juventus 1|
|Italy - Serie A (ITA1)||Aug 31, 2013||Juventus 4 - Lazio 1|
|Italy Super Cup (ITSC)||Aug 18, 2013||Juventus 4 - Lazio 0|
|Italy - Serie A (ITA1)||Apr 15, 2013||Lazio 0 - Juventus 2|
|Italy - Coppa Italia (ITAC)||Jan 29, 2013||Lazio 2 - Juventus 1|
|Mar 9, 2014||Lazio 0 - Atalanta 1||ITA1|
|Mar 2, 2014||Fiorentina 0 - Lazio 1||ITA1|
|Feb 27, 2014||PFC Ludogorets Razgrad 3 - Lazio 3||EL|
|Feb 23, 2014||Lazio 3 - Sassuolo 2||ITA1|
|Feb 20, 2014||Lazio 0 - PFC Ludogorets Razgrad 1||EL|
|25||Néstor Muslera Micol||Goalkeeper|
|-||Simone Del Nero||Midfielder|
|-||Alessandro Del Piero||Striker|
Times In BST
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed