Serie A Preview: Fiorentina - Juventus
Juventus travel to the Artemio Franchi to meet Fiorentina and need three points to keep their slim Champions League hopes alive
|Fiorentina: Boruc; Comotto, Gamberini, Camporese, Pasqual; Behrami, Montolivo, Vargas; Ljajic; Mutu, Gilardino
|Juventus: Buffon; Motta, Bonucci, Barzagli, Grosso; Felipe Melo; Krasic, Marchisio, Aquilani, Pepe; Matri
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Fiorentina have picked up only one win in their last five games at the Artemio Franchi.
- The Viola have conceded six goals in their last three encounters.
- Cesare Natali and Mario Santana will miss the match due to injury.
- Alberto Gilardino leads the team in scoring with 11 goals.
- Juventus are currently riding a three-game winning streak.
- The Bianconeri have won 65 out of the 144 meetings with the Viola in Serie A.
- Juventus have scored nine goals in their past four matches.
- Alessandro Matri has four goals in his last four games.
- Juve have earned 10 points in their last five games.
November 27, 2010: Juventus 1-1 Fiorentina
Fiorentina jumped out to an early lead after Marco Motta's own goal and seemed destined to pick up all three points in Turin until Simone Pepe's free kick drifted over the head of Artur Boruc eight minutes from time.
|Sign up with William Hill for a free bet up to £25|
|Sign up with bet365 for a free bet up to £200|
|Sign up to Paddy Power for £250 in free bets|
Top 3 Predictions
Fiorentina 1-2 Juventus
- 33.05 %
Fiorentina 0-2 Juventus
- 24.01 %
Fiorentina 1-3 Juventus
- 14.28 %
|Italy - Serie A (ITA1)||Mar 9, 2014||Juventus 1 - Fiorentina 0|
|Italy - Serie A (ITA1)||Oct 20, 2013||Fiorentina 4 - Juventus 2|
|Italy - Serie A (ITA1)||Feb 9, 2013||Juventus 2 - Fiorentina 0|
|Italy - Serie A (ITA1)||Sep 25, 2012||Fiorentina 0 - Juventus 0|
|Italy - Serie A (ITA1)||Mar 17, 2012||Fiorentina 0 - Juventus 5|
|Mar 9, 2014||Juventus 1 - Fiorentina 0||ITA1|
|Mar 2, 2014||Fiorentina 0 - Lazio 1||ITA1|
|Feb 27, 2014||Fiorentina 1 - Esbjerg 1||EL|
|Feb 24, 2014||Parma 2 - Fiorentina 2||ITA1|
|Feb 20, 2014||Esbjerg 1 - Fiorentina 3||EL|
|-||Per Billeskov Kroldrup||Defender|
|29||Lorenzo De Silvestri||Defender|
|-||Alessandro Del Piero||Striker|
The Italian striker leads Fiorentina in scoring and has two goals in his last five games. He will be counted on to provide the firepower upfront with Adrian Mutu.
The Italy international has been sensational recently and has four goals in his last four games as Juve make a late push for a Champions League spot. Will keep the Viola defence on their toes and is a favourite to find the back of the net on Sunday.
Juventus are on a roll and have won three straight games but this is one of Italy's most fiercest rivalries and the form book goes out the window for these rough and tumble affairs. Both teams will have to be content with sharing the spoils on Sunday.
Times In BST
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed