Serie A preview: Udinese - Roma
The capital giants must put takeover talk to one side and concentrate on tackling a Udinese team missing the influential Alexis Sanchez...
By Subhankar Mondal
|Udinese: Handanovic; Benatia, Zapata, Domizzi; Isla, Abdi, Pinzi, Asamoah, Armero; Di Natale, Denis
|Roma: Doni; Cassetti, N. Burdisso, Juan, Riise; Taddei, Pizarro, De Rossi, Vucinic; Totti, Borriello
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Udinese are placed fourth in the league standings with 56 points from 31 matches.
- The Bianconeri lost their first Serie A match of 2011 last weekend when they went down 2-0 to Lecce.
- Francesco Guidolin’s side conceded their first goals in eight league matches in the loss last weekend.
- At this stage last season, the Zebrette were fourth from bottom with 32 points.
- Roma are currently sixth in Serie A with 50 points from 31 matches, six points off the fourth and final Champions League slot.
- The Lupi lost their first league match under coach Vincenzo Montella last weekend, as they went down 2-0 to Juventus.
- The former Italian champions have won their last two Serie A encounters with Udinese by a two-goal margin.
- Roma legend Francesco Totti has scored ten times against Udinese in the league in his career.
November 20, 2010: Roma 2-0 Udinese
Jeremy Menez gave the Giallorossi the lead after 24 minutes and in the second half Marco Borriello doubled the advantage. Nicolas Burdisso was sent off for Roma with nine minutes of normal time remaining but the hosts held on for an important 2-0 victory.
|Sign up with William Hill for a free bet up to £25|
|Sign up with bet365 for a free bet up to £200|
|Sign up to Paddy Power for £250 in free bets|
|Sign up today with Coral and get a £50 FREE bet - no strings attached!|
|Sign up today with BetVictor and get a £25 FREE BET!|
|Sign up with Betway for an exclusive bet £10 get £20 free bet!|
Top 3 Predictions
Udinese 1-2 Roma
- 18.67 %
Udinese 0-2 Roma
- 11.49 %
Udinese 1-3 Roma
- 10.41 %
|Italy - Serie A (ITA1)||Oct 27, 2013||Udinese 0 - Roma 1|
|Italy - Serie A (ITA1)||Mar 9, 2013||Udinese 1 - Roma 1|
|Italy - Serie A (ITA1)||Oct 28, 2012||Roma 2 - Udinese 3|
|Italy - Serie A (ITA1)||Apr 11, 2012||Roma 3 - Udinese 1|
|Italy - Serie A (ITA1)||Nov 25, 2011||Udinese 2 - Roma 0|
|Dec 1, 2013||Juventus 1 - Udinese 0||ITA1|
|Nov 24, 2013||Udinese 1 - Fiorentina 0||ITA1|
|Nov 9, 2013||Catania 1 - Udinese 0||ITA1|
|Nov 3, 2013||Udinese 0 - FC Internazionale 3||ITA1|
|Oct 30, 2013||Sassuolo 1 - Udinese 2||ITA1|
|10||Antonio Di Natale||Striker|
|3||John Arne Riise||Defender|
|16||Daniele De Rossi||Midfielder|
|30||Fabio Henrique Simplicio||Midfielder|
|Antonio Di Natale|
Antonio Di Natale is the joint top scorer in Serie A this season with 25 goals. The Italy international striker will aim to etch his name on the scoresheet against a defensively susceptible Lupi team and march on the way to winning the top scorer’s award in the league.
|Daniele De Rossi|
Daniele De Rossi’s future at Roma is under speculation with the club’s fans going to the training ground on Saturday last to try to persuade the Italy international to remain in Rome. De Rossi’s performance this season has not exactly been superb and he will hope to allay apprehensions over his commitment by stepping up his game.
Udinese lost their first league game at home at the weekend as they went down 2-0 to Lecce. It will be interesting to see how the Bianconeri bounce back but against a Roma side, who are themselves not in the best of health, they should garner the points.