Serie A preview: Juventus - Genoa
La Vecchia Signora looking to continue their recent mini-revival and maintain hopes of European qualification...
By Subhankar Mondal
|Juventus: Storari; Sorensen, Bonucci, Barzagli, Traore; Aquilani, Melo, Marchisio; Krasic, Matri, Pepe
|Genoa: Eduardo; Mesto, Kaladze, Dainelli, Moretti; Rossi, Konko, Milanetto, Antonelli; Palacio, Floro Flores
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Juventus are currently seventh in Serie A with 48 points from 31 matches, just two points off the final Europa League slot.
- The Old Lady have won their last two matches in the league with winger Milos Krasic scoring on both occasions.
- The Bianconeri are unbeaten in their last seven home matches against Genoa and have won six of them.
- Luigi Del Neri’s side have scored in each of their last 15 meetings with Genoa.
- Genoa are stationed in 12th place in the league with 39 points from 31 matches.
- The Grifoni have won just once in their last five Serie A matches.
- The Rossoblu have won just once in their last eight league matches on the road.
- Davide Ballardini’s side have conceded one fewer goal than defending Italian and European champions Inter in Serie A (34 compared to the Nerazzurri’s 35)
November 21, 2010: Genoa 0-2 Juventus
Juventus went ahead in the game after just 18 minutes when Eduardo scored an own goal. Five minutes later Milos Krasic secured the points for the Bianconeri.
|Sign up with William Hill for a free bet up to £25|
|Sign up with bet365 for a free bet up to £200|
|Sign up to Paddy Power for £250 in free bets|
|Sign up today with Coral and get a £50 FREE bet - no strings attached!|
|Sign up today with BetVictor and get a £25 FREE BET!|
|Sign up with Betway for an exclusive bet £10 get £20 free bet!|
Top 3 Predictions
Juventus 2-0 Genoa
- 28.93 %
Juventus 3-0 Genoa
- 22.22 %
Juventus 3-1 Genoa
- 17.53 %
|Italy - Serie A (ITA1)||Oct 27, 2013||Juventus 2 - Genoa 0|
|Italy - Serie A (ITA1)||Jan 26, 2013||Juventus 1 - Genoa 1|
|Italy - Serie A (ITA1)||Sep 16, 2012||Genoa 1 - Juventus 3|
|Italy - Serie A (ITA1)||Mar 11, 2012||Genoa 0 - Juventus 0|
|Italy - Serie A (ITA1)||Oct 22, 2011||Juventus 2 - Genoa 2|
|Dec 6, 2013||Bologna 0 - Juventus 2||ITA1|
|Dec 1, 2013||Juventus 1 - Udinese 0||ITA1|
|Nov 27, 2013||Juventus 3 - FC Copenhagen 1||UCL|
|Nov 24, 2013||Livorno 0 - Juventus 2||ITA1|
|Nov 10, 2013||Juventus 3 - SSC Napoli 0||ITA1|
|83||Antonio Floro Flores||Striker|
Milos Krasic has scored in his last two games for Juventus and on both occasions the Bianconeri have won. On Wednesday the Serbia international winger said that he is happy with his performance in his debut season for the Old Lady. However, the 26-year-old will aim to carry on his scoring run and put Genoa to the sword.
|Antonio Floro Flores|
Juventus still look susceptible at the back and Genoa striker Rodrigo Palacio will hope to take advantage of that. Palacio will start alongside Antonio Floro Flores in attack for the Grifoni and will aim to put the Bianconeri defence in sixes and sevens with his movement.
Juventus have won their last two league matches and appear to have revived their chances of playing in Europe next season. Genoa have nothing to play for between now and the end of the season. A victory for the Bianconeri looks a likely outcome.