- America (EN)
- United Kingdom (EN)
- India (EN)
- Ireland (EN)
- Malaysia (EN)
- Singapore (EN)
- Canada (EN)
- Australia (EN)
- Nigeria (EN)
- Ghana (EN)
- Kenya (EN)
- South Africa (EN)
- España (ES)
- Argentina (ES)
Serie A Preview: Fiorentina - Roma
Vincenzo Montella's team will hope to maintain their momentum and craft a victory in Florence...
By Subhankar Mondal
|Fiorentina: Boruc; Comotto, Gamberini, Natali, Pasqual; Behrami, Montolivo, Vargas; Santana; Gilardino, Mutu
|Roma: Doni; N. Burdiosso, Mexes, Juan, Riise; Pizarro, De Rossi; Taddei, Perrotta, Menez; Totti
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Fiorentina head into Week 30 in eighth place in Serie A with 40 points, nine points off the final Europa League slot.
- The Viola have won eight games at home in the league this season, losing three and drawing three.
- Sinisa Mihajlovic’s side have won their last two league encounters without conceding a goal and are unbeaten in their last four Serie A matches.
- The Gigliati have shipped 11 goals at home in the league this campaign –that’s as many as Milan and Udinese and fewer than Inter, Lazio and Roma.
- Roma are sixth in the league standings with 49 points from 29 matches, four points off the final Champions League slot.
- The Giallorossi defeated Lazio 2-0 in Serie A last weekend for what was their fifth successive Rome derby triumph, which also includes a Coppa Italia victory earlier this year.
- Vincenzo Montella has yet to lose a single league encounter in charge of Roma, having led his team to three wins in four.
- The Lupi have the third worst defensive record away from home in the championship, having shipped 27 times.
November 10, 2010: Roma 3-2 Fiorentina
Fabio Simplicio broke the deadlock on the stroke of half-time for Roma and six minutes into the second-half Marco Borriello doubled the former Italian champions’ advantage. However, Alberto Gilardino halved the deficit in the 69th minute but Simone Perrotta restored Roma’s two-goal cushion minutes later. Gaetano D'Agostino netted the second for the Viola a minute before normal time but Roma held on for a 3-2 victory.
|Sign up with William Hill for a free bet up to £25|
|Sign up with bet365 for a free bet up to £200|
|Sign up to Paddy Power for £250 in free bets|
|Sign up today with Coral and get a £50 FREE bet - no strings attached!|
|Sign up today with BetVictor and get a £25 FREE BET!|
Top 3 Predictions
Fiorentina 0-2 Roma
- 20.53 %
Fiorentina 1-2 Roma
- 18.52 %
Fiorentina 1-3 Roma
- 10.96 %
|Italy - Serie A (ITA1)||May 4, 2013||Fiorentina 0 - Roma 1|
|Italy - Coppa Italia (ITAC)||Jan 16, 2013||Fiorentina 0 - Roma 1|
|Italy - Serie A (ITA1)||Dec 8, 2012||Roma 4 - Fiorentina 2|
|Italy - Serie A (ITA1)||Apr 25, 2012||Roma 1 - Fiorentina 2|
|Italy - Coppa Italia (ITAC)||Jan 11, 2012||Roma 3 - Fiorentina 0|
|May 19, 2013||Pescara 1 - Fiorentina 5||ITA1|
|May 12, 2013||Fiorentina 1 - Palermo 0||ITA1|
|May 8, 2013||Siena 0 - Fiorentina 1||ITA1|
|May 4, 2013||Fiorentina 0 - Roma 1||ITA1|
|Apr 28, 2013||Sampdoria 0 - Fiorentina 3||ITA1|
|Returns:||Fiorentina £40.00||Sign up today with Coral and get a £50 FREE bet - no strings attached!|
|Returns:||Draw £32.00||Sign up with William Hill for a free bet up to £25|
|Returns:||Roma £50.00||Sign up today with Coral and get a £50 FREE bet - no strings attached!|
|7||Mario Alberto Santana||Midfielder|
|19||Lorenzo De Silvestri||Defender|
|7||John Arne Riise||Defender|
|29||Nicolas Andres Burdisso||Defender|
|16||Daniele De Rossi||Midfielder|
|30||Fabio Henrique Simplicio||Midfielder|
Juan Manuel Vargas has struggled with injuries this campaign but the Peruvian winger is set to start against Roma. Vargas is one of the best and more skillful players in Serie A and will be a threat to the Lupi along the flanks.
Francesco Totti turned on the style on the big occasion last weekend as he scored both goals in Roma’s 2-0 victory over Lazio in the Rome derby. The veteran Italian attacker doesn’t always play at his best against the ‘lesser’ teams but for Roma to qualify for next season’s Champions League the 34-year-old will have to be consistent and play his part against Fiorentina in Florence.
Roma are back on song and after their defeat of Lazio last week will aspire for all three points in Florence. One suspects that the Lupi will just about get them.