- America (EN)
- United Kingdom (EN)
- India (EN)
- Ireland (EN)
- Malaysia (EN)
- Singapore (EN)
- Canada (EN)
- Australia (EN)
- Nigeria (EN)
- Ghana (EN)
- Kenya (EN)
- South Africa (EN)
- España (ES)
- Argentina (ES)
Serie A Preview: Inter - Genoa
Leonardo's men are now in genuine contention of the Scudetto and will be confident of mustering maximum points...
By Subhankar Mondal
|Inter: Julio Cesar; Maicon, Lucio, Ranocchia, Chivu; Zanetti, Thiago Motta, Stankovic; Sneijder; Pazzini, Eto'o
|Genoa: Eduardo; Mesto, Kaladze, Dainelli, Moretti; Rafinha, Milanetto, Kucka, Rossi; Paloschi, Palacio
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Inter climbed to second place in the table in Serie A at the end of Week 27 and now have 53 points, five fewer than league leaders Milan.
- Since Leonardo took over on Christmas Eve, the defending Italian and European champions have lost just twice in the league - to Udinese and Juventus.
- The Nerazzurri have accomplished seven successive league victories at home and have lost just once at San Siro in Serie A all season.
- Inter have scored the most number of goals in the league this campaign along with Milan and Udinese (49). The Beneamata have the best scoring record at home with 32 goals in 13 matches.
- Inter have not lost in their last eight encounters with Genoa in Serie A.
- Genoa have outreached the grasp of relegation and have established themselves as an also-ran in Serie A this campaign. With 35 point from 27 matches, the Grifoni are tenth in the table, ten points above the dropzone and 11 points off a Europa League slot.
- The Rossoblu have conceded only nine goals on the road this season in Serie A, the lowest in the division. They have also scored nine goals in 14 away matches.
- The defeat to Catania last weekend put an end to Genoa's four-game unbeaten run, their longest since February 2010.
- Davide Ballardini's side's last six away games have yielded just five goals.
- Genoa hold the record of the lowest number of goals scored of the first 13 teams in the Italian first division this season (25).
January 12, 2011: Inter 3-2 Genoa
Inter hosted Genoa in the round of 16 in the Coppa Italia in the second week of January. Leonardo had taken over the coaching responsibilities a few days back and the Nerazzurri were given a scare. Samuel Eto'o gave the defending Italian and European champions a 15th minute lead and doubled it just before half-time.
However, Houssine Kharja, now at Inter, halved the deficit from the penalty spot in the early minutes of the second-half but minutes later McDonald Mariga restored the Beneamata's two-goal advantage.
A very late goal from Giuseppe Sculli threatened to take the match into extra-time but Inter held on for a 3-2 win.
|Sign up with William Hill for a free bet up to £25|
|Sign up with bet365 for a free bet up to £200|
|Sign up to Paddy Power for £250 in free bets|
|Sign up today with Coral and get a £50 FREE bet - no strings attached!|
|Sign up today with BetVictor and get a £25 FREE BET!|
Top 3 Predictions
FC Internazionale 3-0 Genoa
- 24.5 %
FC Internazionale 2-0 Genoa
- 21.26 %
FC Internazionale 3-1 Genoa
- 19.83 %
|Italy - Serie A (ITA1)||May 12, 2013||Genoa 0 - FC Internazionale 0|
|Italy - Serie A (ITA1)||Dec 22, 2012||FC Internazionale 1 - Genoa 1|
|Italy - Serie A (ITA1)||Apr 1, 2012||FC Internazionale 5 - Genoa 4|
|Italy - Coppa Italia (ITAC)||Jan 19, 2012||FC Internazionale 2 - Genoa 1|
|Italy - Serie A (ITA1)||Dec 13, 2011||Genoa 0 - FC Internazionale 1|
|May 19, 2013||FC Internazionale 2 - Udinese 5||ITA1|
|May 12, 2013||Genoa 0 - FC Internazionale 0||ITA1|
|May 8, 2013||FC Internazionale 1 - Lazio 3||ITA1|
|May 5, 2013||SSC Napoli 3 - FC Internazionale 1||ITA1|
|Apr 28, 2013||Palermo 1 - FC Internazionale 0||ITA1|
|Returns:||Inter £14.40||Sign up with bet365 for a free bet up to £200|
|Returns:||Draw £340.00||Sign up today with Coral and get a £50 FREE bet - no strings attached!|
|Returns:||Genoa £1010.00||Sign up today with Coral and get a £50 FREE bet - no strings attached!|
|4||Javier Adelmar Zanetti||Defender|
Wesley Sneijder has looked good, creative, supportive and inventive since his return from injury and scored a fantastic free-kick against Sampdoria last weekend. Against Genoa at San Siro the Netherlands international midfielder will aim to carry on his good run of form and inspire the Beneamata to a win.
Inter have conceded an obscene number of goals under Leonardo and Genoa's Marco Rossi will hope to add further damage to that. Rossi will aim to do for Genoa what Sneijder will attempt to achieve for Inter - create chances for his strikers and see to that the Nerazzurri defenders are always on the tenterhooks.
Inter have a formidable record at home and with Genoa having nothing to play for, the Nerazzurri should garner the points with little trouble.
Times In BST
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed