- America (EN)
- United Kingdom (EN)
- India (EN)
- Ireland (EN)
- Malaysia (EN)
- Singapore (EN)
- Canada (EN)
- Australia (EN)
- Nigeria (EN)
- Ghana (EN)
- Kenya (EN)
- South Africa (EN)
- España (ES)
- Argentina (ES)
Premier League Preview: Liverpool - Tottenham
Kenny Dalglish's men have been in blistering mood in recent weeks whereas Spurs have only picked up one win in their last 13 matches in all competitions
By Jonathan Birchall
|Liverpool (4-4-2): Reina; Flanagan, Skrtel, Carragher, Johnson; Maxi, Spearing, Lucas, Shelvey; Kuyt, Suarez.||
Liverpool look set to line up with the same team that hammered Fulham at Craven Cottage on Monday evening, with Kenny Dalglish unlikely to tinker with a team in such fine form.
Andy Carroll will be hoping for some more minutes off the bench as he continues his recovery from a thigh injury and there may even be a return to the squad for Martin Kelly, with the youngster having been out since February with hamstring trouble picked up in the Reds’ defeat at West Ham.
Tottenham (4-4-1-1): Cudicini; Corluka, King, Dawson, Rose; Lennon, Sandro, Pienaar, Modric; Van der Vaart; Defoe.
Jermaine Jenas could return to the Spurs squad having picked up a thigh injury in last week’s draw against Blackpool but Harry Redknapp will have to make some changes to the side that faced Manchester City because of injuries and possibly also tactics.Gareth Bale, Benoit Assou-Ekotto and Tom Huddlestone look to be out for the rest of the season while Wilson Palacios and William Gallas were injured against City and will miss out, which could give Steven Pienaar and Ledley King starts. Alan Hutton is ruled out at Anfield with a knee problem, and Heurelho Gomes is likely to remain sidelined with a back injury.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- If the Premier League began when Kenny Dalglish took over at Anfield, Liverpool would be sat in 2nd with the strongest goal difference in the league.
- The Reds have secured more 3-0 victories in the Premier League than any other team this season, achieving that result five times.
- Dirk Kuyt (pictured right) has found the back of the net nine times in his last eight games.
- Maxi Rodriguez hadn’t scored in nearly six months before hitting the back of the net seven times in his last three games.
- Dalglish’s men have won more games by three goals or more than any other team in the league, having done so seven times. Spurs have yet to achieve such a feat.
- Tottenham have only picked up one win in their last 13 matches in all competitions.
- The White Hart Lane outfit haven’t achieved a league double over Liverpool since the 1986-87 season when they secured two 1-0 wins over the Reds.
- The visitors have scored 12 goals from outside the area this term, more than any other team.
- Having won 2-1 seven times in the Premier League this team, Redknapp’s men have picked up the result more than any other team in the division.
|Sign up with William Hill for a free bet up to £25|
|Sign up with bet365 for a free bet up to £200|
|Sign up to Paddy Power for £250 in free bets|
|Sign up today with Coral and get a £50 FREE bet - no strings attached!|
|Sign up today with BetVictor and get a £25 FREE BET!|
Top 3 Predictions
Liverpool 3-0 Tottenham
- 19.56 %
Liverpool 3-1 Tottenham
- 17.06 %
Liverpool 9-0 Tottenham
- 16.3 %
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Mar 10, 2013||Liverpool 3 - Tottenham 2|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Nov 28, 2012||Tottenham 2 - Liverpool 1|
|Club Friendlies (FR)||Jul 28, 2012||Liverpool 0 - Tottenham 0|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Feb 6, 2012||Liverpool 0 - Tottenham 0|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Sep 18, 2011||Tottenham 4 - Liverpool 0|
|May 19, 2013||Liverpool 1 - QPR 0||EPL|
|May 12, 2013||Fulham 1 - Liverpool 3||EPL|
|May 5, 2013||Liverpool 0 - Everton 0||EPL|
|Apr 27, 2013||Newcastle 0 - Liverpool 6||EPL|
|Apr 21, 2013||Liverpool 2 - Chelsea FC 2||EPL|
|Returns:||Liverpool £16.70||Sign up with William Hill for a free bet up to £25|
|Returns:||Draw £40.00||Sign up today with BetVictor and get a £25 FREE BET!|
|Returns:||Tottenham £60.00||Sign up today with BetVictor and get a £25 FREE BET!|
|25||José Reina Paez||Goalkeeper|
|23||Rafael van der Vaart||Midfielder|