Premier League Preview: Arsenal - Manchester United
With the hosts stuttering at the Emirates, the Red Devils will seek to capitalise on their opponents' poor home form to ensure a comfortable run-in to the Premier League title
By Josh Clarke
Szczesny; Sagna, Djourou, Koscielny, Clichy; Song, Wilshere; Walcott, Fabregas, Nasri; Van Persie.
|Manchester United (4-4-2)
Van der Sar; Rafael, Smalling, Vidic, Evra; Valencia, Anderson, Carrick, Nani; Hernandez, Rooney.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- In-form Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney (pictured right) has scored in three of his last four games against the Gunners.
- Stuttering Arsenal have won only one of their last seven league games – drawing five in total.
- Flawless Manchester Unted have kept clean sheets in their last three games.
- Manchester United have won the last four encounters against Arsenal – the last time they won five on the trot was between 1983 and 1985.
- Arsenal have drawn their last three games at the Emirates, scoring only one goal - and that from the penalty spot.
- Robin van Persie is the Gunners' top scorer with 19 goals in all competitions this season.
|Sign up with William Hill for a free bet up to £25|
|Sign up with bet365 for a free bet up to £200|
|Sign up to Paddy Power for £250 in free bets|
|Sign up today with Coral and get a £50 FREE bet - no strings attached!|
|Sign up today with BetVictor and get a £25 FREE BET!|
|Sign up with Betway for an exclusive bet £10 get £20 free bet!|
Top 3 Predictions
Arsenal 0-2 Man Utd.
- 17.54 %
Arsenal 2-1 Man Utd.
- 15.46 %
Arsenal 1-2 Man Utd.
- 13.86 %
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Nov 10, 2013||Man Utd. 1 - Arsenal 0|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Apr 28, 2013||Arsenal 1 - Man Utd. 1|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Nov 3, 2012||Man Utd. 2 - Arsenal 1|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Jan 22, 2012||Arsenal 1 - Man Utd. 2|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Aug 28, 2011||Man Utd. 8 - Arsenal 2|
|Dec 4, 2013||Arsenal 2 - Hull 0||EPL|
|Nov 30, 2013||Cardiff City 0 - Arsenal 3||EPL|
|Nov 26, 2013||Arsenal 2 - Olympique de Marseille 0||UCL|
|Nov 23, 2013||Arsenal 2 - Southampton 0||EPL|
|Nov 10, 2013||Man Utd. 1 - Arsenal 0||EPL|
|20||Robin van Persie||Striker|
|1||Edwin van der Sar||Goalkeeper|
|22||Fabio Da Silva||Defender|
|14||Javier 'Chicharito' Hernandez||Striker|
The mercurial winger will be hoping to exploit Rafael’s inclusion in the Manchester United lineup. Walcott is in great form of late and it’s hard to imagine the visitors shackling his threatening pace.
With Rio Ferdinand likely to miss out, the onus will be on Nemanja Vidic to thwart the prolific Robin van Persie. The Serbian has been inspirational at the back for Manchester United during the difficult second half to their season, and with Chris Smalling potentially coming in, Vidic’s role at the Emirates will be crucial.
Recently the visitors have affirmed their ability to grind out narrow victories. With the Gunners poor at home recently, it’s not difficult to envisage a smash and grab job for United that will see them put their rivals' desperate hopes of Premier League title contention to the sword.
Times In BST
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed