Atletico Madrid: De Gea; Dominguez, Godín, Ujfalusi, Perea; Tiago, Suarez, Raul Garcia; Reyes; Aguero, Diego Costa
Real Sociedad: Bravo; Martínez, Estrada, González, Ansotegi; Xabi Prieto, Rivas, Aranburu, Zurutuza, Griezmann; Tamudo
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Atletico have won both league matches in which neither Sergio Aguero nor Diego Forlan started this season.
- The mattress makers have scored almost 50 per cent of their goals in last 15 minutes of their games.
- Los Colchoneros are just three points off European spots. In the words of defender Diego Godin: “The match against the Basque side is fundamental to our aspirations”.
- In their last 4 games, Atletico have not lost to the Basque side.
- Real Sociedad are on a run of four straight defeats for the second time this season in the league. Defeat in this match would result in their longest losing streak of the campaign.
- Lasarte's side have scored only once in their last five away matches in the league and have lost each of these five games.
- ‘La Real’ are just six points from the relegation zone after taking just one point from last six matches
|Sign up with William Hill for a free bet up to £25|
|Sign up with bet365 for a 100% deposit bonus up to £200|
|Sign up to Paddy Power for £250 in free bets|
Top 3 Predictions
Atletico Madrid 2-0 Real Sociedad
- 31.45 %
Atletico Madrid 3-1 Real Sociedad
- 16.13 %
Atletico Madrid 2-1 Real Sociedad
- 12.9 %
|Spain - Primera Division (LIGA)||Feb 2, 2014||Atletico Madrid 4 - Real Sociedad 0|
|Spain - Primera Division (LIGA)||Sep 1, 2013||Real Sociedad 1 - Atletico Madrid 2|
|Spain - Primera Division (LIGA)||Mar 10, 2013||Atletico Madrid 0 - Real Sociedad 1|
|Spain - Primera Division (LIGA)||Oct 21, 2012||Real Sociedad 0 - Atletico Madrid 1|
|Spain - Primera Division (LIGA)||May 2, 2012||Atletico Madrid 1 - Real Sociedad 1|
|Apr 13, 2014||Getafe 0 - Atletico Madrid 2||LIGA|
|Apr 9, 2014||Atletico Madrid 1 - FC Barcelona 0||UCL|
|Apr 5, 2014||Atletico Madrid 1 - Villarreal 0||LIGA|
|Apr 1, 2014||FC Barcelona 1 - Atletico Madrid 1||UCL|
|Mar 29, 2014||Athletic Bilbao 1 - Atletico Madrid 2||LIGA|
|1||David de Gea||Goalkeeper|
|2||Carlos Martínez Díez||Defender|
|4||Gorka Gorka Elustondo Urkiola||Midfielder|
|11||Mikel Aranburu Eizagirre||Midfielder|
|3||Mikel González Martínez||Defender|
Although, it was Diego Costa who scored a hat-trick, Atletico always look to their captain ‘Kun’ to provide inspiration whenever they need it. Returning from a suspension, he will be well rested and raring to go to ensure a European spot for 'Los Colchoneros'
Xabi Prieto was once drawing rave reviews from all and sundry. However, those days seem to be a distant memory, as the player himself admitted that he was not satisfied with his performance. ‘La Real’ desperately need their talisman to be back at his best to survive the drop.
Real Sociedad have not won in their last five away games and with ‘Kun’ Aguero returning for Atletico Madrid, it seems difficult that the Basque side will be able to get anything out of this match. To add to that fact, last time Costa scored a very unexpected hat-trick to secure three points in match that Atleti were widely expected to lose. A close fought win seems a likely possibility for the home side.