La Liga Preview: Zaragoza - Valencia
Third-placed Valencia travel to face relegation strugglers Zaragoza
By Gareth Lowe
|Zaragoza: Doblas; Obradovic, Ponzio, Lanzaro, Diogo; Bertolo, Edmilson, Gabi, N'Daw; Ander, Uche
|Valencia: Guaita; Mathieu, R. Costa, Navarro, Bruno; Mata, A. Costa, Topal, Joaquin; Aduriz, Soldado
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- Zaragoza have only defeated Valencia once in La Liga. However, this was in their last meeting at La Romaredo.
- Los Manos have only lost one of their last six home games in La Liga, a narrow 1-0 loss to Atletico Madrid.
- Four of those six games were single goal victories in favour of Zaragoza, the other one a draw.
- Zaragoza are one of only two teams without a single player to have scored at least five goals this season.
- Valencia have won their last three away games by a 2-1 scoreline.
- If Los Che are able to win, they will possess a better away record than Real Madrid. Real Madrid have managed 29 points in 14 away games, while Valencia currently have 26 points from 13 games.
- Valencia have not lost a game to any team in the bottom five so far this season.
October 30th, 2010: Valencia 1-1 Zaragoza
Maurizio Lanzaro went from hero to zero as he put the ball in the back of both nets in the first half. With no other goals in the match, Lanzaro remained the only name on the scoresheet in a tight 1-1 draw.
|Sign up with William Hill for a free bet up to £25|
|Sign up with bet365 for a free bet up to £200|
|Sign up to Paddy Power for £250 in free bets|
|Sign up today with Coral and get a £50 FREE bet - no strings attached!|
|Sign up today with BetVictor and get a £25 FREE BET!|
|Sign up with Betway for an exclusive bet £10 get £20 free bet!|
Top 3 Predictions
Zaragoza 1-2 Valencia CF
- 20.43 %
Zaragoza 1-1 Valencia CF
- 17.2 %
Zaragoza 0-1 Valencia CF
- 13.98 %
|Spain - Primera Division (LIGA)||Feb 23, 2013||Zaragoza 2 - Valencia CF 2|
|Spain - Primera Division (LIGA)||Sep 29, 2012||Valencia CF 2 - Zaragoza 0|
|Spain - Primera Division (LIGA)||Mar 21, 2012||Valencia CF 1 - Zaragoza 2|
|Spain - Primera Division (LIGA)||Oct 26, 2011||Zaragoza 0 - Valencia CF 1|
|Spain - Primera Division (LIGA)||Mar 12, 2011||Zaragoza 4 - Valencia CF 0|
|Dec 8, 2013||Zaragoza 2 - Córdoba 1||ESP2|
|Nov 30, 2013||Las Palmas 0 - Zaragoza 1||ESP2|
|Nov 24, 2013||Zaragoza 1 - Girona FC 0||ESP2|
|Nov 16, 2013||Real Jaén CF 3 - Zaragoza 0||ESP2|
|Nov 9, 2013||Zaragoza 1 - Numancia 2||ESP2|
|20||Aritz Aduriz Zubeldia||Striker|
Bertolo has shown time and time again this season just how important he is for Zaragoza. If they have any intention to attack, most of their efforts will go through this man.
Costa's passing has been great all season, and he has scored some important and incredible goals. Valencia will look to him for inspiration, and it is likely that he will provide.
Zaragoza are a tough team to beat at home, and Valencia will be low on morale and energy after their champions league exit to Schalke in mid-week. Valencia will probably be the better side on the night, but Zaragoza should be able to take a point.
Times In BST
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed