|Stade Rennes: Douchez; Danze, Mangane, Kana Biyik, Theophile Catherine; Leroy, Tettey, Mandjeck, M'Vila; Boukari, Montano.
|Olympique de Marseille: Mandanda; Heinze, Fanni, Diawara, M'Bia; Kabore, Cisse, Gonzalez; A. Ayew, Remy, Brandao.
- Stade Rennes are on a run of five consecutive wins in Ligue 1.
- Victor Montano has scored on three of the last four match days. He is also the club's leading goalscorer with seven goals.
- Rennes have scored almost a quarter (22.58%) of their goals during the last 10 minutes of matches.
- Rennes have the most victories in Ligue 1 this season, claiming all three points on 14 occasions.
- They also have the best home record in the league, collecting 30 points from a possible 39.
- Of the 30 encounters between the two sides in Ligue 1 history, Olympique de Marseille have won 14 to Rennes's nine.
- Marseille have conceded only 12 goals away from home this season, the fewest in Ligue 1. However, they have kept a mere four clean sheets on their travels.
- A win for Marseille would leave them a single point behind Rennes in the Ligue 1 table.
- Marseille are undefeated in their last five meetings with Rennes.
- In the five encounters against teams currently occupying the top five Ligue 1 berths this season Rennes are undefeated, having drawn four and won one, while Marseille have lost two, drawn two, and won one.
December 1, 2010: Olympique de Marseille 0-0 Stade Rennes
Left to rue a penalty miss by Jires Ekoko after Steve Mandanda had brought down Victor Montano in the fifth minute, Rennes were ultimately held to a goalless draw at the Stade Velodrome in a twice-postponed encounter.