Manchester City - Leeds Preview: Mancini's men look to recover from Southampton humiliation
With the FA Cup now looking like the Premier League champions' best chance of silverware, Roberto Mancini's side will be hoping to avoid a repeat of last weekend's upset
By Alex Hess
Maicon, Kompany, Nastasic, Kolarov
Silva, Rodwell, Y.Toure, Milner
Green, Peltier, Lees, Warnock
Byram, Brown, Norris
Diouf, Morison, Varney
For the first time in a number of weeks, Roberto Mancini is likely to have the vast majority of his players available for selection for Sunday's meeting.
Crucially, the Italian could welcome back his captain Vincent Kompany (calf), who has been sidelined since City's last FA Cup fixture in late January.
Micah Richards (knee) is the only player certain to be ruled out, with Kolo and Yaya Toure both having returned from the Africa Cup of Nations duty prior to the defeat to Southampton.
Neil Warnock is also hoping to have a fully-fit squad to pick from, while neither of his January acquisitions Stephen Warnock or Steve Morison cup-tied for the clash.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Manchester City have conceded nine goals in the five cup games that they have played on home turf this season.
- The two clubs have faced each other in the FA Cup five times before, with the Yorkshire club having advanced three times to Man City's two.
- James Milner (pictured right) began his career at Leeds, and became the Premier League's youngest-ever Premier League goalscorer during his time there - breaking the record held by Wayne Rooney by just five days at the age of 17.
- Leeds have knocked three Premier League clubs out of domestic cup competitions already this season. They are 33/1 to win 1-0 with bet365.
- In January 2000, when both clubs were in English football's top tier, Leeds thrashed Manchester City 5-2. 12 years on, Manchester City were crowned Premier League champions, while Leeds finished 14th in the division beneath.
- Likewise, Leeds skipper Michael Brown started out at Manchester City. He was sent off 10 minutes into his debut in August 1995.
|Sign up with William Hill for a free bet up to £25|
|Sign up with bet365 for a free bet up to £200|
|Sign up to Paddy Power for £250 in free bets|
Top 3 Predictions
Manchester City FC 1-2 Leeds
- 18.1 %
Manchester City FC 3-0 Leeds
- 12.64 %
Manchester City FC 2-0 Leeds
- 9.31 %
|England - FA Cup (FA)||Feb 17, 2013||Manchester City FC 4 - Leeds 0|
|Manchester City FC|
|Mar 2, 2014||Manchester City FC 3 - Sunderland 1||CCUP|
|Feb 22, 2014||Manchester City FC 1 - Stoke 0||EPL|
|Feb 18, 2014||Manchester City FC 0 - FC Barcelona 2||UCL|
|Feb 15, 2014||Manchester City FC 2 - Chelsea FC 0||FA|
|Feb 8, 2014||Norwich City 0 - Manchester City FC 0||EPL|
|-||Mouhamadou Habib Habibou||Striker|
Times In GMT
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed