Brentford - Chelsea Preview: West London rivals lock horns for the first time since 1950
Rafael Benitez will expect a response from his side following their Capital One Cup exit but the Blues face a tough test in the form of their neighbours from League One
By Rhys Turrell
Hodson, Craig, Dean, Barron
Forshaw, Douglas, Diagouraga
Forrester, Donaldson, Trotta
Azpilicueta, Cahill, Terry, Bertrand
Marin, Mata, Oscar
Brentford manager Uwe Rosler will be without on-loan Everton defender Jack Bidwell for the visit of European champions Chelsea after the youngster was sent off in Tuesday's 2-2 draw with Leyton Orient.
Veteran midfielder Kevin O'Connor (ankle) will also be out, as is Farid El Alagui (knee).
Harry Forrester was rested against Orient in the week and he should return along with Fulham loan star Marcello Trotta and defender Shaleum Logan.
Chelsea will be without Belgium attacker Eden Hazard as he starts a three-game ban following his controversial red card for kicking a ballboy at Swansea City on Wednesday.
Captain John Terry may make a first start following his steady recovery from a knee problem but Rafa Benitez will be without Yossi Benayoun and Oriol Romeu (both knee).
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Brentford currently lie third in League One, six points behind joint leaders Tranmere and Doncaster Rovers.
- The Bees have only reached the fifth round of the FA Cup on six occasions since the Second World War.
- Striker Clayton Donaldson is second in the League One scoring charts this season - he has 15 strikes. He is also joint-second in the scoring charts for the FA Cup, with four goals to his name.
- Chelsea will have played their west London neighbours Fulham, QPR and Brentford in the same season for the first time ever following this cup tie.
- The Blues are the current holders of the FA Cup, having defeated Liverpool 2-1 in last year's final. They have won the competition on seven occasions.
- Of all the Premier League players to score more than five goals this season, Chelsea midfielder Frank Lampard (pictured right), has the best conversion rate of shots to goals (42 per cent).
Lampard is 5/1 with Bet365 to score first in a Chelsea win in this game.
- Brentford and Chelsea are separated by just six miles but have not played each other competitively since meeting in this competition 63 years ago.
- Brentford's Griffin Park stadium famously has a pub on each of the four corners of the ground. Supporters may be pushed for time to frequent all of them before Sunday's game, however, with kick-off set for 12.00.
|Sign up with William Hill for a free bet up to £25|
|Sign up with bet365 for a free bet up to £200|
|Sign up to Paddy Power for £250 in free bets|
Top 3 Predictions
Brentford 0-3 Chelsea FC
- 13.87 %
Brentford 0-4 Chelsea FC
- 11.06 %
Brentford 1-3 Chelsea FC
- 9.56 %
|England - FA Cup (FA)||Feb 17, 2013||Chelsea FC 4 - Brentford 0|
|England - FA Cup (FA)||Jan 27, 2013||Brentford 2 - Chelsea FC 2|
|Mar 1, 2014||Carlisle United 0 - Brentford 0||EFL1|
|Feb 22, 2014||Brentford 0 - Wolves 3||EFL1|
|Feb 15, 2014||Crewe Alexandra 1 - Brentford 3||EFL1|
|Feb 1, 2014||Shrewsbury Town 1 - Brentford 1||EFL1|
|Jan 28, 2014||Brentford 3 - Bristol City 1||EFL1|
|-||Adam John Forshaw||Midfielder|
Times In GMT
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed