Cristiano Ronaldo ready to leave Real Madrid
Cristiano Ronaldo is ready to leave Real Madrid as a direct result of the club's procrastination over a new contract, according to a report from ESPN.
The 32-year-old believes a lucrative new deal should be on the table following a formidable 2016-17 campaign, while seeing Lionel Messi and Neymar both being rewarded bumper contracts of their own at Barcelona and Paris Saint-Germain respectively.
And although initial talks have started in regards to a new deal, Real chief Florentino Perez is delaying a renewal as the Portugal international's current contract still has three years to run.
Unwilling to wait, however, Ronaldo is said to be ready to leave because of the slow progress.
Mourinho to sign contract extension
Manchester United are set to announce a contract extension for manager Jose Mourinho, according to The National.
Mourinho's current three-year deal runs until 2019, and negotiations that began earlier in the season have now been concluded successfully.
United currently sit second in the Premier League table after Mourinho led the Red Devils to League Cup and Europa League titles last year in his first season with the club.
PSG will make Ronaldo offer on one condition
Paris Saint-Germain will make a big-money offer for Cristiano Ronaldo if Real Madrid president Florentino Perez can assure the French club that he will give up his pursuit of Neymar, according to Don Balon .
The report claims Ronaldo has made it clear to club officials that he wants to leave the Santiago Bernabeu, but will not accept a move to a perceived 'smaller league' such as China or MLS.
As such, very few sides will want to bid for the Portuguese, who will soon turn 33 years old. Perez, it is said, is not willing to cooperate with PSG's wishes.
Inter and Barca reach agreement over Rafinha
Inter are closing on their second signing of the January transfer window after advancing in talks with Barcelona over midfielder Rafinha, sources tell Goal .
Goal understands that Inter director Piero Ausilio is currently in Catalunya to discuss terms for the player, who has struggled to break back into the first team at Camp Nou after returning from a serious knee injury.
And after some discussion, Barcelona are now ready to release Rafinha on loan to San Siro in a deal that will agree a purchase option.
Sturridge is Sevilla's Plan B
Liverpool striker Daniel Sturridge is being lined up as an alternative option by Sevilla, if they fail to sign Chelsea’s Michy Batshuayi, reports AS .
Sevilla are keen to sign Batshuayi on loan for the rest of the season, but Chelsea are reluctant to sanction a deal until a replacement has been brought in.
That has led Sevilla to consider other targets and Sturridge, who is reportedly interested in a January move in search of regular first-team football, is the back-up option.
Liverpool & Arsenal target Mahrez to cost £100m
Leicester City manager Claude Puel believes star attacker Riyad Mahrez could "cost even more than £100 million" in the summer transfer window.
Mahrez, 26, has been linked with a move away from the Premier League side, with Arsenal and Liverpool among those reportedly interested.
Conte: I don't think Chelsea want Alexis
Antonio Conte has claimed that he doesn't think Chelsea have joined the race to sign Alexis Sanchez, although refused to give a definite answer.
The Chilean has agreed personal terms with Manchester United and is likely to join the Red Devils, if Henrikh Mkhitaryan agrees to go in the opposite direction, although there had been rumours the Blues were looking to hijack the deal.
That has been played down by Conte, however, who revealed in a press conference on Tuesday that he doesn't think his side are looking at bringing in the 29-year-old forward.
Man Utd yet to trigger Mata deal
Manchester United are yet to trigger the one-year option on Juan Mata’s contract, but the playmaker wants to stay at Old Trafford, according to ESPN .
Mata’s current deal expires at the end of the season, and he has been linked with summer moves to Inter Milan and former club Valencia.
United have a 12-month option on Mata’s contract and the club are still expected to exercise the deal to keep the Spaniard for at least another season.
PSG & Madrid track Arsenal teenager
Arsenal teenager Reiss Nelson is being chased by Paris Saint-Germain and Real Madrid, claims the Daily Mail .
The 18-year-old is out of contract next year and there has yet to be agreement over a long-term deal for the winger to stay at the Emirates Stadium.
The situation has led to PSG and Madrid taking an interest, while rival Premier League clubs are also keeping a watching brief.
Liverpool & City chase £20m-rated Norwich midfielder
Norwich City midfielder James Maddison is attracting interest from leading Premier League clubs after an impressive season at Carrow Road, reports the Evening Standard .
The England Under 21 international is a target for Leicester, Liverpool, Manchester City and Tottenham, and would likely cost in the region of £20 million.
However, Norwich don’t want to sell the 21-year-old during the January transfer window, with a summer deal a more likely option.
Raiola demands key to Alexis-Mkhitaryan deal
Arsenal’s pursuit of Henrikh Mkhitaryan hinges on whether the attacker is paid off by Manchester United due to his contract running for another two years, Goal understands.
The Gunners are keen for a swap deal with United, but neither club are prepared to sanction the transfer unless the Armenia international agrees to move to north London.
Mkhitaryan's agent Mino Raiola is also determined to secure a fee for himself as part of his involvement in brokering the deal.
Walcott agrees £20m Everton move
Arsenal winger Theo Walcott is on the verge of signing for Everton for a fee of £20 million, Goal understands.
Everton offered the most attractive financial package to Walcott, who is due to undergo a medical on Tuesday afternoon and could be included in Sam Allardyce's squad for Saturday's Premier League game at home to West Brom.
The proceeds from the 28-year-old's sale, which could rise to £25m with add-ons, will go towards Arsenal's efforts to sign Brazilian winger Malcom from Bordeaux and West Brom centre-back Jonny Evans.
Mignolet considering Liverpool future
Simon Mignolet is considering his Liverpool future due to what he described as an "unhealthy" goalkeeper situation at the club.
Loris Karius, whose appearances this season have largely been restricted to the Champions League, started ahead of Mignolet for the FA Cup tie with Everton and Sunday's dramatic 4-3 win over Manchester City.
Wilshere offered new Arsenal contract
Arsenal have offered midfielder Jack Wilshere a new contract, but on a lower salary than he currently earns, claims the BBC .
Wilshere is out of contract at the end of the season and is not expecting to sign a new deal during the January transfer window .
The Gunners have made moves to keep the England international, although the fresh terms would put the 26-year-old on a reduced basic salary, but with heavily incentivised clauses.
Newcastle explore other loan options
Newcastle United are exploring other loan options as they wait for Chelsea to make a decision on the future of Kenedy, according to the Shields Gazette .
Rafa Benitez wants to bring Kenedy to St. James’ Park, but Chelsea are reluctant to let the Brazilian leave until they have signed another left-sided player as a replacement.
With Benitez desperate to improve his squad during the January transfer window, Newcastle are now considering a loan move for Crystal Palace left-back Pape Souare.
Madrid to meet €110m Icardi release clause
Real Madrid have identified Mauro Icardi as their top summer transfer target and are ready to meet the Inter Milan striker’s €110 million release clause, reports Corriere dello Sport .
Madrid president Florentino Perez wants to sign a new No.9 at the end of the season due to the disappointing form of Karim Benzema this term.
The likes of Tottenham’s Harry Kane have been linked with a move to the Santiago Bernabeu, but Icardi is now the striker Perez wants to sign in the summer.
Aubameyang set for showdown talks
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang is set to hold crunch talks with Dortmund bosses over his future with the club.
The Gabon international has reportedly asked to leave on two occasions and will now hold discussions with head coach Peter Stoger and sporting director Michael Zorc.
Gameiro wants to stay at Atletico
Kevin Gameiro is not looking to leave Atletico Madrid in the January transfer window amid reports of interest from Swansea, according to L'Equipe .
Swansea are rumoured to be preparing a club-record £25 million bid for Gameiro, who has previously been linked with a move to Everton.
However, the France international is happy to finish the season at Atletico as the striker aims to force his way into his country’s World Cup squad.
Man Utd doubt Ronaldo return
Manchester United are not convinced Cristiano Ronaldo wants to leave Real Madrid to return to Old Trafford in the summer, according to ESPN .
A report in AS on Monday claimed that Ronaldo is keen to quit Madrid in the summer due to broken promises over a new contract and that the Portugal international wants to go back to United.
However, United doubt the 32-year-old is seriously looking for a way out of Madrid and feel the speculation is part of the plan for the forward to secure a new contract at the Santiago Bernabeu.
Chelsea in for Alexis after Man City withdrawal
Manchester United's main rivals for Alexis Sanchez's transfer now appear to be Chelsea after Man City dropped out of the race, reports the Manchester Evening News .
City had appeared close to signing the Arsenal star, but have now withdrawn from contention frustrated at the pace of negotiations.
But United have not landed their man yet, and could even see a reported £35 million fee pushed up by the Blues' late interest.
RB Leipzig make Kluivert approach
RB Leipzig have made contact with Ajax regarding a possible deal to sign teenage winger Justin Kluivert, claims Gianluca Di Marzio .
Kluivert, the son of former Ajax and Netherlands striker Patrick, is one of the brightest talents in Dutch football, and is a target for Barcelona and Manchester United.
However, Leipzig are keen to win the race for the 18-year-old and have been in touch with the player’s representatives and Ajax.
Liverpool to loan out Grujic
Liverpool are ready to send midfielder Marko Grujic on loan to a Championship club, according to the Liverpool Echo .
Grujic has made just six appearances for the Liverpool this season, and is a target for Premier League duo Huddersfield and West Ham.
However, Jurgen Klopp is keen to ensure the 21-year-old is playing regularly in the second half of the season and a move to the Championship is now on the agenda.
Napoli turn to Lucas Moura
Paris Saint-Germain’s Lucas Moura has emerged as an option for Napoli in the Serie A side’s search for a new winger, reports Sky Sport Italia .
Simone Verdi of Bologna is Napoli’s primary target, but a January deal is looking unlikely, while a move for Barcelona’s Gerard Deulofeu is also proving difficult.
Now Lucas, who is keen to leave PSG and has been linked with Manchester United , is a possibility due to his availability, with Napoli exploring a loan deal with a view to a €25 million permanent transfer.
Bayern consider Martins move
Bayern Munich have been scouting Sporting Lisbon winger Gelson Martins with a view to a potential summer move, reports O Jogo .
Martins has been repeatedly linked with a move to Liverpool, but now Bayern are stepping up their interest as the Bundesliga club search for long-term replacements for Arjen Robben and Franck Ribery.
The 22-year-old has a €60 million release clause in his contract, but Sporting want to increase that figure to €100m and delay a sale until at least the end of the season.
Arsenal to get Auba update on Tuesday
Tuesday will be an important day for Arsenal's pursuit of Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, according to Sky Sports reporter Guillem Balague .
Balague claims the striker is keen to join the Gunners but the German club are yet to relay whether they are willing to let the Gabon international leave in the January window.
Arsenal are expecting to hear BVB's stance on Tuesday.
Giroud to be offered in Auba deal
Arsenal are set to offer striker Olivier Giroud as part of their bid to sign Borussia Dortmund's Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, according to The Sun .
The Gunners are keen to bring Aubameyang to the Emirates Stadium as they prepare for life after Alexis Sanchez.
And they are set to make an offer of £30 million plus Giroud - who has struggled for starts this season - to the Bundesliga outfit.
Can hints at Liverpool stay
Emre Can has suggested that he could yet sign a new contract at Liverpool.
The Germany international midfielder is out of contract this summer and has consistently been linked with a move to Juventus.
Man United agree cash + Mkhitaryan move for Alexis
Manchester United have agreed a deal for Alexis Sanchez which will see Henrikh Mkhitaryan move to Arsenal, claims the Daily Express .
According to the newspaper, Arsenal will receive £40 million for the Chile star, who is out of contract in the summer.
Mkhitaryan will move the other way after being frozen out of the Red Devils first team this season.
Mou confident over Alexis despite Chelsea reports
Jose Mourinho is "relaxed" in the face of reports that Chelsea are planning to hijack Manchester United's approach for Alexis Sanchez.
"Other big clubs are probably interested - who knows?" he told reporters after Monday's 3-0 win against Stoke City.
Pep keen on Asensio signing
Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola has turned his attentions to young Real Madrid star Marco Asensio, according to Diario Gol .
The Citizens have given up their chase of Alexis Sanchez, having started January as favourites to sign the Arsenal man.
And Asensio, who has struggled for playing time in recent weeks at Madrid, would be a more than acceptable alternative, as Pep is a big admirer of the forward.
Napoli to make fresh Deulofeu move
Napoli are set to make a new approach for Barcelona outcast Gerard Deulofeu, according to Sport .
The winger has found himself surplus to requirements and available for transfer following the arrival of Philippe Coutinho.
And after struggling to land first choice, Bologna's Simone Verdi, Napoli could return to Deulofeu if they fail to sign the young forward.
Madrid inform Athletic of Kepa interest
Real Madrid have officially informed Athletic of their interest in signing goalkeeper Kepa, according to Euskal Telebista .
The Liga champions have been inactive so far in the transfer window, but have been plagued by poor form throughout the current season.
And with Keylor Navas coming in for criticism from some sectors, a move for Kepa could yet take place in the current window.
Giggs to call Scholes as Wales No. 2
New Wales manager Ryan Giggs is keen to name ex-Manchester United team-mate Paul Scholes as his assistant, according to The Sun .
The 44-year-old was unveiled as Chris Coleman's successor on Monday, and will be tasked with securing qualification for Euro 2020 after the World Cup finals.
Giggs and Scholes have past experience working together, as interim bosses at United in 2014 prior to Louis van Gaal's arrival.
Liverpool target Mahrez set on move
Liverpool target Riyad Mahrez is determined to seal a move away from Leicester City in the current window, claims The Sun .
The Algeria international has been linked strongly with the Reds, fitting the profile of the attacking playmaker needed to replace Philippe Coutinho, while Arsenal are also reported suitors.
And while Leicester have insisted he is going nowhere, Mahrez will not give up in his attempts to force a sale.
Sources: Rubin weighing MLS, Liga MX interest
MLS is in negotiations with U.S. national team forward Rubio Rubin, sources confirmed to Goal on Monday.
The 21-year-old is a free agent after leaving Norwegian side Stabaek at the end of last season, the second of two unsuccessful club stints in 2017. At least four MLS teams are interest in acquiring Rubin, who will have to go through the allocation order, which is used to determine where returning U.S. national team players go in MLS.
The interested teams, which one source says includes MLS Cup winner Toronto FC and expansion side Los Angeles FC, are hoping to land the player who looked so good with the U.S. at the 2015 U-20 World Cup.
West Ham fear Chelsea interest has distracted Carroll
West Ham fear that a reported loan move to Chelsea has distracted Andy Carroll's attention, according to the Daily Mirror .
The former Liverpool striker has emerged as a surprise target at Stamford Bridge, with the Blues desperately short of goals in recent weeks and in the market for a frontman.
Lambert handed Stoke survival fund
New Stoke City manager Paul Lambert has been handed a transfer fund to stave off relegation to the Championship, reports the Daily Mirror .
Lambert, who takes over from Mark Hughes, comes in with his new team currently in 18th place, one point shy of safety.
'Alexis signing shouldn't be at Martial's expense'
Manchester United's pursuit of Alexis Sanchez should not come at the expense of Anthony Martial, believes United correspondent Kris Voakes.
Martial was in fine form on Monday as the Red Devils downed Stoke City 3-0 at Old Trafford.
Neville: Mou would happily swap Mkhitaryan for Alexis
Former Manchester United captain Gary Neville said manager Jose Mourinho would happily swap out-of-favour playmaker Henrikh Mkhitaryan for Arsenal star Alexis Sanchez.
"He wanted to keep the player clear, saying that he does rate him, but I think he'd happily swap him in any deal for Alexis Sanchez," he said. "Anybody would."
Orlando sign Paraguay starlet Colman
Orlando City have completed the signing of 19-year-old Paraguay starlet Josue Colman from Cerro Porteno.
The Under-20 international comes in after the retirement of Kaka, and faces the challenge of filling the Brazilian's shoes in the playmaker role in Florida.
Neville set for England Women's job
Phil Neville is set to be confirmed as the new manager of the England Women's team, according to the Guardian .
Neville, who has had previous spells as an assistant with Valencia, Manchester United and England Under-21s, emerged as a front-runner after several of the FA's leading candidates became unavailable.