AIK 1-1 Manchester United: Henriquez strikes to salvage draw

David Moyes' side ended their 2013 pre-season campaign with a frustrating stalemate against their Swedish hosts, in which both Nani and Jonny Evans picked up injuries
Manchester United ended their 2013 pre-season tour with a frustrating and injury-laden 1-1 draw against Swedish side AIK in Stockholm.

An eventful first half led to chances at either end, with both goalkeepers pulling off a string of impressive saves to keep the scoreline at 0-0 going into the interval.

AIK went ahead just four minutes after the break thanks to a world-class long-range shot from Robin Quaison.

But the Swedish side's dominance was to be short-lived, as Angelo Henriquez volleyed in from close range to score the all-important equaliser for United after 68 minutes.

David Moyes was able to welcome back Nemanja Vidic and Nani from injury, and made eight changes to the side which beat Kitchee 5-2 last week, with Michael Carrick, Anderson and Wilfried Zaha the only players retained from that lineup.

Despite being in the middle of their domestic season, AIK manager Andreas Alm named a strong starting XI, and also included Ghanaian youngster Ebenezer Ofori, who made his debut appearance for the club at right-back.

A lively and fast-paced start to the game led to opportunities for both sides in the opening minutes, with Zaha narrowly firing wide after linking up well with Nani on the wing, and Nabil Bahoui seeing his shot from the edge of the penalty area narrowly miss Anders Lindegaards' left post.

Debutant Ofori was given the tough task of marking a strong and determined Nani, and the Portuguese winger was a constant thorn in the teenager's side, as was Robin van Persie, who forced AIK goalkeeper Kyriakos Stamatopoulos into action several times as United's dominance grew.

However, AIK almost went 1-0 up after 25 minutes when Kennedy Igboananike broke through the United defence and found himself one on one with Lindegaard, but the Dane stood his ground and pulled off an impressive save to keep the scores level.

Nani was forced off five minutes later due to injury, and with his substitution went United's attacking dominance for the rest of the half, as AIK applied further pressure on a shaky defence that looked uncomfortable having to deal with such an in-form attacking force.

AIK started the stronger of the two sides after the break and it only took them four minutes to finally break the deadlock, when Quaison combined quickly with Igboananike on the edge of the area and turned Vidic with ease, before firing a simply unstoppable shot past substitute goalkeeper Ben Amos.

Shortly after, United were hit with another injury concern when Jonny Evans was forced off the pitch due to what looked like a problem with his ankle, and, despite their best efforts, the visitors' front line seemed to be lacking ideas as they searched for an equaliser.

However, United were back on level terms after 68 minutes when Henriquez volleyed a Zaha cross in from close range, and the goal changed the balance of the game completely, with United looking in full control from then on against a tiring and unbalanced AIK side.

Moyes' side pushed hard for a winning goal in the remaining 22 minutes but the hosts held firm in defence and denied the visitors a victory in their final game on foreign soil before their Community Shield clash with Wigan on Sunday.