Jele, Lekgwathi, Sangweni, Matlaba
Klate, Manyisa, Masalesa, Segolela
Gaxa, Mathoho, Mathoho, Masilela
Tshabalala, Katsande, Yeye, Lebese
Orlando Pirates will be taking an advantage into the second leg of their MTN 8 semi-final on Tuesday afternoon, but have to contend with the effects of a demanding fixture list and a Kaizer Chiefs side which is regaining form.
Pirates qualified for the semi-final stage of the Caf Champions League, thanks to 0-0 draw with Al Ahly on Sunday, but their efforts against the Egyptian giants could be a severe hindrance as they enter into another taxing Soweto Derby clash.
Influential midfielder Andile Jali will certainly miss the semi-final clash, after being ruled out of action for at least six months on Monday due to a shoulder injury, while Roger de Sa will need to select a team which can match Kaizer Chiefs pace throughout the ninety minutes.
Daine Klate scored a stunning free kick to earn a priceless away goal for the Buccaneers in the first leg of the semi-final, but Chiefs can easily restore parity in the tie if they find the back of the net first at the Orlando Stadium.
AmaKhosi have the added advantage of Stuart Baxter's gamble against Platinum Stars paying off, as the coach rested key players during the 2-1 win over Dikwena.
Tsepo Masilela, Siboniso Gaxa and Kingston Nkhatha did not play the match, while Knowledge Musona, Siphiwe Tshabalala and Tefu Mashaite emerged off the bench to help Chiefs to a morale-boosting win.
The Soweto Derby will be covered LIVE on Goal South Africa with the game set to kickoff at 15:30.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Pirates have never lost against Chiefs in the MTN 8, after defeating their rivals 2-1 on aggregate in 2010 and winning the final of the competition against AmaKhosi 1-0 a year later. Their latest victory came in the first leg of the semi-final, a 1-0 win at Soccer City.
- Kaizer Chiefs have the upper hand in their last 19 cup matches against the Buccaneers, winning eight times compared to Pirates' seven triumphs. Five of the matches have been drawn.
- Chiefs have won the Top 8 Cup 14 times, while Pirates have claimed the trophy nine times.
- Knowledge Musona has emerged from a poor start to his loan-spell at AmaKhosi, scoring in the team's last two fixtures.
- This will be the third time the Soweto Giants have met this season, after the sides clashed in the Black Label Cup and in the first leg of the MTN 8 semi-finals.