Jele, Lekgwathi, Gcaba, Matlaba
Klate, Manyisa, Jali, Segolela
Mdledle, Diouf , September, Nkausa
Phala, Maluleka, Gyimah, Lentjies
SuperSport United's rollicking start to the PSL season should give them confidence to overcome Orlando Pirates during their MTN 8 quarterfinal clash on Sunday.
Their form and their recent cup domination over Pirates, which saw them defeat Roger de Sa's side 3-0 in last year's MTN 8, will help them to match a powerful Pirates outfit.
Matsatsantsa defeated Free State Stars 4-1 in ther opening fixture of the season, with Cavin Johnson's influence already evident at the club.
Mame Niang, who scored a brace against Ela Lla Kotla last weekend, believes his side are strong enough to defeat Pirates in Nelspruit and that Johnson has been a good influence on the team.
“The preparations for the game have been good. We have been talking about it [the Stars win] a lot; where we can improve, where we can get better,” he told reporters.
“We are looking forward to the game. But, you know, when you win in that style people think you did things perfectly.
“The coach, though, sees things differently. He sees more in how we can move the ball differently or how to score even more goals. The coach has something else on his mind.”Pirates did not enjoy a good start to their PSL campaign, losing 1-0 against an inspired AmaZulu side at the Orlando Stadium.
Their participation in the Caf Champions League means that they have more game time under their belts, but will need to fight fatigue in order to beat a fresher Matsatsantsa on Sunday.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Orlando Pirates are the second most successful team in MTN 8 history, taking home the trophy on 9 occasions.
- SuperSport United lost in the final of the competition last season and will seek to go one step further this year.
- In the last 22 matches between the sides, Pirates have a slight edge over their opponents with 9 wins. SuperSport United have won on 8 occasions, while there have been five draws.
- Kermit Erasmus should start for Pirates against his old club SuperSport United.
- Pirates have scored 24 goals against SuperSport United in their last 22 meetings, while Matsatsantsa have netted 21 times.
- SuperSport United defeated English giants Manchester City during pre-season friendlies.