The Manchester City assistant manager has insisted that he is unaware of any negotiations with the Serie A side regarding the striker, while adding that any incomings are unlikely
Manchester City assistant manager David Platt has played down speculation linking Mario Balotelli with a move away from the club, despite reports claiming a deal with AC Milan has been struck.
Goal.com exclusively revealed on Monday that the 22-year-old is set to undergo a medical at Rossoneri this week after saying goodbye to his team-mates following training earlier in the day.
But Platt has moved to quash talk of a move, insisting that he was not aware of negotiations between Milan and City.
"I saw that speculation yesterday but I've not heard anything,” he told reporters.
"It's a shame Robbie's not here. He might know more than me but as far as we are concerned I think he is still a Manchester City player. I don't think there is anything is going to happen."
"I'm not [aware of any negotiations]. I can only go off what you know and I have seen. I know exactly the same as you, which is speculation.
"Fortunately we'll have a press conference on Friday and we won't have to talk about speculation - and that is what it is. I literally don't know anything."
Platt also iterated that the club are unlikely to add to their ranks during January, citing a lack of quality in the transfer market able to improve the squad.
"We have said before the market in January is very difficult. Even if you are planning to get somebody in it is very difficult to do so," Platt added.
"With it being such a difficult market, you can't start stepping into it willy-nilly.
"We are at Manchester City - a top club that competes for top trophies. As a result of that you can't just go out and get anybody and think they are going to fill the gap that somebody leaves."