Jimmy Tau expresses his disappointment at Chiefs management after he was told that his contract won’t be renewed
Tau was released by Chiefs last week Thursday, after he was told that he is not in coach Stuart Baxter’s plans for the new season, but the defender believes there is more to his exit than that.
Speaking on Metro FM on Tuesday night, Tau revealed that he had a chat with Baxter and that the coach was willing to give him another run.
Read more on: Chiefs and Tau part ways
“Stuart Baxter told me he wanted me to stay. He said he had recommended a new contract for me. I thought I had another season, but they called me in on Thursday, my agent and Bobby Motaung,” said Tau on Metro FM.
“Bobby told me I wasn’t in his plans, but the coach had left on holiday a week before. Bobby said the coach didn’t want me. I couldn’t understand it. It was very confusing, but I have said there are non-football reasons involved,” explained Tau.
However, Tau revealed that he had accepted the decision, but admitted that he will move on with a broken heart and although he sounded bitter, the former Pirates skipper said he’s just “hurt”.
Read more on Nkosi: Chiefs' success comes first
“I have to respect that decision, but I must say I was hurt. Not bitter, but hurt,” said Tau.
Tau has been with Chiefs for the past years and his exit came as a shock to the AmaKhosi fans that envied the 32-year-old defender since his move from arch-rivals Orlando Pirates.
He also confirmed that there haven’t been any offers for him, but he is confident of playing in the top flight next season.
Follow us on Twitter
Follow us on Facebook