AJAX CAPE TOWN
Allie, Booth, Mokeke, Lolo
Manyama, Van de Laak, Scott, Wanderson
Jele, Lekgwathi, Gcaba, Phungwayo
Klate, Manyisa, Jali, Segolela
Orlando Pirates face yet another stiff challenge in recovering their PSL campaign when they play Ajax Cape Town at the Cape Town Stadium on Wednesday night.
Roger de Sa was pelted with vuvuzelas following Pirates' last draw against AmaZulu, but the coach has been adamant that the league title is still within the Buccaneer's grasp despite their recent lacklustre form.
“If you want to predict whatever, that's fine. We still think we have a chance and we'll keep on doing our best until it's zero chance," De Sa said on the eve of the match.
"When it's no longer mathematically possible, then it's over. Until then we will keep on trying our best.”Midfield stalwart Andile Jali will undergo a late fitness test before the game against the Urban Warriors, with his fitness paramount to the Buccaneer's success due to a spate of injuries which have plagued the team throughout the campaign.
Roger de Sa's charges were able to secure a 2-1 win in the Caf Champions League on Saturday night and will have been buoyed by the result, but Ajax should prove to be a tough challenge at home following their first win this year, a 4-2 victory over Free State Stars.
The Cape Town side will not have Mabhuti Khenyeza in their squad for the match after the striker earned a straight red card against Mamelodi Sundowns. But Abia Nale's first goal for the club against Free State Stars sparked a comeback which may have reignited the Urban Warrior's battle for survival.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Orlando Pirates defeated Ajax Cape Town 2-0 in the reverse fixture in 2012.
- The Buccaneers have exactly double the Urban Warriors points tally this season, with 44 points after 23 games.
- Two late goals from Khama Billiat sealed a 4-2 for Ajax Cape Town when they defeated Free State Stars on Sunday.
- Billiat is the Urban Warriors' top goal scorer this campaign with four goals. Collins Mbesuma is Pirates' top scorer with 5.
- Pirates currently sit in third position on the PSL log and are 8 points behind leaders Kaizer Chiefs, but have two games in hand.