AmaZulu 0-0 SuperSport: Another cleansheet for Kapini

Home side Usuthu gained another valuable point, against United in their quest for survival, in Durban on Wednesday night

Despite AmaZulu dominating the match against Supersport United at the King Zwelithini Stadium, they failed to convert their chances again.

In the first five minutes of the match it was AmaZulu that were attacking and playing collectively as a team. Soon after that a mistake from the defence, could have cost the home side an early goal. Goalkeeper Tapuwa Kapini pulled brilliant double saves from shots that came in from Sameehg Doutie and Simbarashe Sithole inside the first 10 minutes.

In the 20th minute Ayanda Dlamini was brought down in the box by Cale Franklin, but the referee thought otherwise and he was given a yellow card.

Another opportunity came in when Andile Khumalo played a pass to Thokozani Mshengu, who came inside the box and as he tried to curve it in, it was tipped away by the SuperSport keeper, Ronwen Willams.

In the dying minutes of the second half, Gyimah did try his luck again but Kapini was in a good position to take it. Njabulo Manqana down the left also made good runs, creating crosses and trying to break into the Supersport defence, but it was not easy as Mor Diouf was well alert, which saw the first half ending with no goals.

In the 50th minutes, Khumalo was brought down as he was attacking towards the goal post, and that free kick was beautifully taken by Teyise, who hit the goal post. Immediately after that, Sithole provided a cross to Bradly Grobler who headed it out in the wrong direction.

In the 57th minute Cale took the initiative upon himself to attack. He pulled a powerful shot, but once again Kapini did a brilliant job to clear it away.  

When that pressure came in, AmaZulu came back to their senses and tried to attack. It was Dlamini who provided a cross to Goodman Dlamini just outside the box, but all that effort was in vain as Dlamini just shot wide.

Craig Rosslee brought in Makhosonke Bhengu for Andile Khumalo, who could not find the back of the net. Another player who came in with Bhengu was Stanley Kgatla for Khulegani Madondo.

Doutie and Gyimah kept on knocking at the door, but Carlington Nyadombo did not allow access into their box. SuperSport's last opportunity to score came from a free kick that hit the cross bar, which was taken by Cale and had already beaten Kapini.

Both the teams walked away with a point each, leaving AmaZulu's Kapini with another clean sheet in 2013.