United is coming in to this match with confidence, after having signed experienced former Bafana Bafana, player Dillon Sheppard to add experience to the side. Not only that but the team of choice will be working very hard to get points, so that they maintain their spot on the top eight of the log standings.
On the other hand, AmaZulu will be going all out to ensure that they collect maximum points as they are sitting at the bottom of the log. To bolster their squad AmaZulu, will be mainly relying on the experienced Bongani Ndulula who hardly got a game time at Orlando Pirates.
The AmaZulu coach is well aware that a win is a must for his boys, nevertheless he insists on getting his players to enjoy the game.
“As much as we are playing to win, it important for us to keep the position and make sure that we enjoy our game. Thinking too much about where we are standing won’t help us, but we need to stay positive,” he told Goal.com.
The return of Makhosonke Bhengu is expected to give the United defenders a run for their money as he also provides speed up front.
Goalkeeper Shuaib Walters is one of the players that will be working to keep a clean a sheet in the hope of impressing to regain a national call-up.
Experienced players in the side, such as Khulegani Madondo and Ayanda Dlamini are expected to feature in this encounter.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Maritzburg United have scored 10 more goals than Amazulu so far this season, United scored 18 while Amazulu scored only 8
- United have only lost once on the road so far this season. The loss came against Ajax Cape Town back in December.
- Amazulu have only won twice at home this season, and those are their only registered wins for the entire 2012/13 season.
- Khulekani Madondo could face Maritzburg United for the first time since forcing a move away from the Team of Choice at the beginning of the season.
- Amazulu’s first ever win of the season came when they beat Maritzburg United 2-0 in a reversed fixture.