By Luke Matthews
Napoli are closing in on a €3 million deal for Croatian teenage sensation Josip Radosevic, Goal.com understands.
Representatives from the Serie A club were in Split to negotiate with the 18-year-old's current side, Hajduk on Monday with a deal set to be officially announced later this week.
Radosevic, who has been dubbed the new 'Gennaro Gattuso' due to his tenacious play in central midfield, is also a target for Parma, although it appears Walter Mazzarri's men have won the battle for his signature.
Speaking exclusively to Goal.com, Radosevic said: "Playing in Serie A was my dream since I was a kid. The dream is close to becoming a reality.
"Serie A has the style of play that fits me and my abilities although there were offers and interest from other clubs in different leagues."
The midfielder, who made his international debut for Croatia in their World Cup 2014 qualifier against Belgium in September, burst onto the scene for Hajduk in late 2011 and has since become an integral player for the Prva HNL side.
The deal appears to be a massive coup for the Naples club with Jose Mourinho said to be a known admirer of Radosevic.
The Real Madrid coach attended the international between Croatia and Macedonia in September last year to take a closer look at the player with Madrid rumoured to be weighing up a bid this summer.
Radosevic, who has already been selected for his nation's friendly versus South Korea in London next month, is to set become Napoli's third signing of the January transfer window, following Pablo Armero's loan switch from Udinese and Siena striker Emmanuel Calaio's move to Naples until the end of the season.