The Frenchman quits the Leopards three months to the end of his two-year contract
The Democratic Republic of Congo national team coach Claude Le Roy has stepped down from his post after his side crashed out of the 2014 World Cup qualifying last week.
The 65-year-old Frenchman, who was appointed in September 2011, told AFP on Thursday that he had promised not to renew his two-year contract with the central African team.
“I told my players that I would stop after two years,” Le Roy said.
“With the team and the federation we've had some terrific moments. I haven't made a decision regarding the next continent I'll work in,” he added.
Under him the Leopards returned to the continental scene after more than six years of absence but failed to progress from the group stage at the 2013 Africa Cup of Nations in South Africa.His assistant Sebastian Migne also stepped down.