Coach Vahid Halilhodzic says a couple of his key players will be sidelined for the vital encounter against Libya during the return leg of the 2013 Afcon qualifying
Algeria will likely miss the services of a number of key players for their home game against Libya on October 14 in Blida, according to coach Vahid Halilhodzic.
He says he will make do with the situation by changing his plans and replacing some players, but he’s confident his side will qualify for next year’s showpiece following their 1-0 away win over the Mediterranean Knights in the first leg.
AC Milan left back Djamel Mesbah hurt his left thigh during a fitness exercise last week and needs two weeks to properly recover, while Madjid Bougherra, Hassan Yebda and Abdelkader Ghezzal have all been declared unfit for the forthcoming clash.
Parma striker Ishak Belfodil, who was cleared by Fifa last week to play for Algeria, announced on Monday he would not be able to honour the invitation due to an injury sustained during a league match.
Medhi Lacen and Rafik Djebbour are facing Caf suspensions following the incidents that occurred during the first leg in Casablanca, Morocco.
The coach says he was forced to recall 31-year-old striker Yacine Bezzaz, who last played for the Fennec Foxes in 2010.
The group began groundwork on Monday at the football federation’s technical centre in Sidi Moussa, near the capital Algiers.