The five-time champions are chasing their first victory in the group stage of the Caf Champions League against the debutants
Samir, Rahil, Fathal, Saied
Salah, Mendomo, Emam, Ibrahim
Agyemang, Nafiu, Adams, Boateng
Basit, Asante, Awako, Owusu
Zamalek have so far experienced one of their worst campaigns in the Caf Champions League.
The Egyptian giants have played four group matches without a victory and that has effectively ruled them out of a place in the next stage. But the White Knights will be hoping to do their reputation some good by amassing some points before they end their group campaign.
Their new coach, Jorvan Vieiria, is desperate to proof a point after taking over from Hassan Shehata who left mid-way through their campaign in the group stage. Zamalek will be missing the services of star striker, Razak Omotoyossi who withdrawn from the game due to unpaid wages.
Berekum Chelsea have had their campaign bedeviled by unpardonable defensive errors. They played their last game against Al Ahly at the Accra Sports Stadium without their regular full backs and their return will offer them some stability at the rear. But they will be missing the services of central defender, Edward Kpodo, who has been instrumental in their campaign. The debutants need to beat the northern Africans to stand any chance of making it into the next round. Chelsea defeated Zamalek 3-2 in the first leg in Accra.
Edward Kpodo - Berekum Chelsea
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Zamalek will be playing for the first time in the group stage in front of their home fans after the interior ministry gave them the green light to end the ban on playing in an empty stadium.
- Zamalek’s Brazilian coach, Jorvan Vieira is managing his 24th team (both club and currently) at 59.
- Chelsea’s last trip to Cairo ended in a 4-1 defeat to Ahly.
- Berekum Chelsea’s Emmanuel Clottey will equal the goal scoring record of 13 goals in the Caf Champions League if he scores on Saturday night. The 24 year old has netted 12 goals so far.
- The Blues are yet to win an away match in the group stage after a 2-2 draw with TP Mazembe and a 4-1 defeat to Al Ahly.
- Three of Chelsea’s starters have been selected for the Black Stars game against Malawi. They are Emmanuel Clottey, Solomon Asante and Ernest Sowah.