Both SuperSport United and Orlando Pirates lost their midweek fixtures and Saturday's encounter will be a stern test for the two teams
Moloi, Moeketsi, September, Khumalo
Phala, Gyimah, Mkhabela, Manyama
Jele, Sangweni, Mahamutsa, Matlaba
Ntshumayelo, Manyisa, Myeni, Segolela
Orlando Pirates will be looking to bounce back from Wednesday's defeat to MP Black Aces when they visit a wounded Matsatsantsa side at the Lucas Moripe Stadium on Saturday afternoon.
The Buccaneers have had a fine run under coach Vladimir Vermezovic, losing only two of their last five league games and they will be looking to avoid their second defeat on the trot.
On the other hand, Matsatsantsa have not been doing well in recent weeks, with one victory from their last seven games in all competitions, but Cavin Johnson's men know what is at stake this afternoon.
The Tshwane side got the better of Pirates in the first round, played at the Orlando Stadium earlier this year, and they will be hoping for the same result to improve their position on the log.
They are now eighth in the PSL standings following their midweek defeat to Maritzburg United, while Bucs remained fourth despite losing to Black Aces. Both teams are expected to be among the top eight teams come the end of the season.
The Soweto giants have too many players that can win them games, but the presence of striker Lennox Bacela will be vital as Bucs have been struggling to score goals this term.
The former Santos marksman came off the bench to replace Lehlohonolo Majoro last Wednesday, but he's expected to start upfront and help the team score as many goals as possible.
United have Dino Ndlovu and Mame Niang fit for this clash, but Bradley Grobler will be the man to watch. His positioning and ability to score goals will give Matsatsantsa a different dimension upfront.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Pirates have failed to score in seven of the 23 league games this term.
- Bucs have not beaten Matsatsantsa at home in their last four attempts.
- In head-to-head stats, SuperSport United and Pirates have met 25 times in all competitions since 2004, with Bucs winning 11 compared to United's nine while five matches ended in draws.
- Matsatsantsa have won five of the 12 home games so far this season.
- Pirates have scored the least number of goals (24) across all the top five teams.