Platinum Stars will be looking for a better performance against Bloemfontein Celtic when the two sides meet at the Royal Bafokeng Stadium on Wednesday night
They will be going into this match with an amazing home record of six wins from seven games, and have only dropped three points at home.
Bloemfontein Celtic will wear the “underdog” tag, because they have been bad travelers this season, with five losses from their eight away games. However, Celtic have lost once, to Free State Stars since their the Telkom Cup triumph back in December.
The two sides have bolstered their respective squads with young players, although Platinum Stars have lost a few of their experienced players in Phelelani Mpangase and Joseph Malongoane, who was loaned out toAmaZulu .
Celtic find themselves 7th on the log with 21 points, but could move up to 6th position should they beat Platinum Stars, who will remain 3rd on the log regardless of Wednesdays results.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Platinum Stars have scored 19 of their 26 goals when playing at home, and became the second team after Kaizer Chiefs, to score 6 goals in a match this season.
- Bloemfontein Celtic have scored only six goals on the road this season, collecting 5 points from a possible 24.
- In head-to-head stats, Platinum Stars and Bloem Celtic have met 17 times since 2004/2005. Stars won 6 games and Celtic recorded 6 victories over Stars, and 5 matches have been drawn.
- Owen Da Gama remains the only coach to have coached both Platinum Stars and Bloemfontein Celtic.
- Celtic beat Stars 2-1 in the first round match played in Bloemfontein this season.