Pirates are eager to get back onto the pitch and launch their assault on top spot but Roger de Sa's side face a tough test against Matsatsantsa on Wednesday night
Jele, Lekgwathi, Sangweni, Matlaba
Myeni, Manyisa, Jali, Ntshumayelo, Klate
Nkausu, September, Diouf, Kekana
Mulenga, Doutie, Mdluli
Erasmus, Hartog, Paulse
Orlando Pirates welcome SuperSport United to the Orlando Stadium on Wednesday night with the opportunity to go top of the PSL standings due to rivals Kaizer Chiefs draw against Sundowns on Tuesday night.
Pirates go into the match with a selection headache due to the fitness of all of the club's attacking options.
"For the first time in a long time we have all these three strikers fit. Actually, this is the first time ever for us and it's been nice being able to work with all three of them. It is a bit of headache deciding who to play or not to play. So hopefully we will make the right choice," Roger de Sa told reporters.
Before the one month break Pirates had found a hot streak of form, going ten games unbeaten. The Afcon hiatus came at an inopportune time for the Buccaneers and coach Roger de Sa recognises that fact.
"For us the momentum was right there, we would have liked the league to carry on, but the break came for everybody," De Sa said.
"We've been doing a lot of training matches, so hopefully we're back to where we were, but you never know until you get to the first game."
Pirates' first game could not be a tougher encounter, as they face a SuperSport United side determined to improve their league position.
SuperSport was only able to win two of their last ten games and will travel to the Orlando Stadium without George Maluleka after it was confirmed that he has torn knee ligaments. Lucas Thwala will also be missing for the rest of the season due to a recurring injury.
Gavin Hunt belives his side has what it takes to improve on their current position and is confident that they can deal with the increased pressure of a loaded schedule in the next fortnight.
"It has been frustrating for the last couple of weeks and the games now come thick and fast," Hunt told reporters.
"It's going to be tough for us in the next couple of weeks. But we are looking forward to it, we are ready."
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Orlando Pirates has the chance to go two points clear of Kaizer Chiefs if they can secure a win in Orlando on Wednesday night.
- Roger de Sa will have to choose a striking combination with the likes of Collins Mbesuma Benni McCarthy, Ndumiso Mabena, Takesure Chinyama and Thulasizwe Mbuyane all available for selection.
- SuperSport United have recorded the most draws this season with 11 stalemates already in the bag.
- The reverse fixture between the two sides ended in a 0-0 draw in August last year.
- In the last eight matches between the two sides, Orlando Pirates and SuperSport United have been on equal terms with three wins each and two draws.