The defending champions take on Platinum Stars in a top-of-the-table clash at the Orlando Stadium on Wednesday nightOrlando Pirates will host an in-form Platinum Stars side at the Orlando Stadium on Wednesday night, as the two sides are hoping to overtake Kaizer Chiefs at the top of the PSL log.
Bucs will go into Wednesday's match with their 5-0 win over Djabala FC fresh in their minds, however, it is going to be a different ball game, because of the form that Stars have produced recently.
Dikwena managed to secure all three points against struggling Ajax Cape Town at the weekend, and will be hoping to continue with their good run. However, Stars haven’t been good travelers this season, and the game against the defending champions could be an uphill battle.
Pirates occupy the second spot on the log, and could move to 40 points should they beat Platinum Stars. Dikwena are third on the log after 18 games, and have collected the same number of points as Pirates.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Orlando Pirates scored 6 goals in all competitions this year, and have conceded none.
- Platinum Stars won all their matches this year, beating Bloem Celtic and Ajax Cape Town respectively.
- In head-to-head stats, Pirates and Stars faced off 17 times since 2004, Bucs winning 11 games , and Dikwena beating Pirates once, while 5 matches were drawn.
- Pirates have never lost to Platinum Stars since 2008, and have beaten Stars in their last 4 meetings.
- Stars lost 1-0 at home to Pirates in the reverse fixture, thanks to Andile Jali’s well taken penalty.