AmaKhosi have not lost a league game at the FNB Stadium under Baxter, and they have a slight edge over their opponents as coach Vermezovic is still trying to get his team together
Jele, Lekgwathi, Nyauza, Matlaba
Segolela, Manyisa, Ntshumayelo, Myeni
Gaxa, Mathoho, Mashamaite, Masilela
Katsande, Letsholonyane, Lebese, Parker
Orlando Pirates will be looking for their first league win over fierce rivals Kaizer Chiefs when the two PSL giants meet at the FNB Stadium on Saturday afternoon.
This clash will also mark Vladimir Vermezovic's first Soweto Derby since returning to South Africa to coach Pirates, while it will also be his 13th Soweto Derby involvement since 2009.
Ironically, Vermezovic was still at Chiefs when Pirates last toppled their rivals, and this game could be a very emotional affair for the man who revealed that he has unfinished business in the PSL.
On the other hand, Stuart Baxter is yet to beat Pirates in the league and this could be a great opportunity for his team to bounce back following their disappointing performance against Platinum Stars.
Chiefs have not lost two games in succession this season, and Pirates will have to be at their best to break that record. Moreover, Baxter's side is yet lose a league game at the FNB Stadium under the tutelage of the former Bafana Bafana coach.
All eyes will be on Lehlohonolo Majoro, who jumped ship to join the Buccaneers a few weeks. Majoro, a proven goalscorer, will definitely be motivated to score against his former teammates and help Pirates close the gap between them and AmaKhosi.
Knowledge Musona will be one player that will be watched very closely by the Pirates defence, given his ability to run at defenders and find the back of the net from small chances.
Musona had, in the past, terrorised veteran defender and captain Lucky Lekgwathi, although the 37-year-old would be wiser this time around following his solid performance against Moroka Swallows on Wednesday.
Ezimnyama are currently fifth on the PSL log with 33 points from 19 games, while the Glamour Boys are at the summit with 43 points from 20 games.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Chiefs have not beaten Pirates in the last six Soweto Derbies.
- Both Pirates and Chiefs have lost once in their last five league games.
- In head-to-head stats, Pirates and Chiefs have met 27 times in all competitions since 2004, with AmKhosi winning eight compared to Bucs' seven while 12 games ended in draws.
- Both teams have been solid at the back, with Pirates keeping eight clean sheets and Chiefs 10 since the beginning of the season.
- Oupa Manyisa remains the leading goalscorer at Pirates with four strikes, while Bernard Parker is still top of the PSL's goalscoring charts with 10 league goals.