Orlando Pirates are yet to lose at home against their Caf Champions League opponents, but only a win against Esperance would give them an edge going into the second leg
Orlando Pirates will be hoping for a change of luck in front of goal when they welcome Tunisian giants Esperance de Tunis in the first leg of the Caf Champions League semi-final at the Orlando Stadium on Saturday.
The Soweto giants have been struggling to find the back of the net in their recent games, and they will need a convincing win to at least put one foot into the final.
It will also be important for the Buccaneers not to concede at home which would make things much easier in the second leg.
Roger de Sa will certainly rely on Lennox Bacela and the likes of Sifiso Myeni and Tlou Segoelela for goals. Senzo Meyiwa has been doing very well between the sticks for the Buccaneers, and all eyes will be on him to keep a clean sheet.
However, the Tunisian side also have their captain Khalil Chemmam at the back to try and stop the Pirates strikers from scoring goals.
The likes of Oussama Darangi and Khaled Mouelhi are expected to provide Esperance with options going forward, as a win away from home could surely mean the end of the road for Pirates.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
· Orlando Pirates have not lost at home in the current campaign of the Caf Champions League.
· Esperance have won the Caf Champions League twice in their history, most recently being in 2011.
· The Tunisian giants have been in the final of this competition for the past three years.
· Pirates finished second in their group behind Al Ahly with eight points after six games.
· The Sea Robbers failed to win their last three games of this competition.