Two sides with different aims will meet at the Orlando Stadium on Tuesday night
Jele, Lekgwathi, Gcaba, Phungwayo
Klate, Manyisa, Jali, Segolela
Mvalo, Gilbert, Okwuosa, Sarr
Ntombayethethi, Sali, Mbekile
Mwaruwari, Mbenyane, Twala
Orlando Pirates and Chippa United will lock horns on Tuesday night, with both sides desperate for a win for contrasting reasons.
Pirates still hold slim title hopes after downing Bidvest Wits 1-0 thanks to a stoppage time winner from Sifiso Myeni, while Chippa United are fighting for survival after clawing back a one goal deficit against 10-man Ajax Cape Town on Saturday night.
Pirates will hope for a slip up from Kaizer Chiefs on Wednesday night when the Amakhosi also face a relegation-threatened Cape side in the form of Ajax Cape Town.
Speaking on the eve of the match Orlando Pirates coach Roger de Sa stated his intentions, “We want to try and get to second place and get closer to Chiefs.
“Now we know that with Chiefs dropping points, anything is possible. We've just got to make sure we keep up our end of the business and not worry too much about the others.
“They [matches] just get tougher. At this stage the bottom teams are more difficult. We watched Chippa in their last two games and they've been very good.”
Chippa United are unbeaten in their last three matches, while Pirates picked up their first win after six straight draws when they defeated Wits on Saturday.
A draw will not help either side attain their goals, which should mean the game will be an intriguing affair as both sides go for all three points in Soweto.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Orlando Pirates welcomed backed injured trio Sifiso Myeni, Oupa Manyisa and Benni McCarthy recently.
- This will be only the second time the two sides have met in the PSL.
- The reverse fixture ended in a dire 0-0 draw at the Phillipi Stadium last year.
- Welcome Qalanto will seek to continue his good scoring form against Pirates. The striker has netted 8 goals for Chippa United this season
- Pirates' top scorer this season has been Collins Mbesuma with the Zambian international scoring five goals so far.