The Dube Birds will host Bidvest Wits at the Dobsonville Stadium tonight, as both sides look to continue with their impressive run
Swallows have done well since the beginning of the year and they have won their last three games. The results have seen the them into the top eight teams with seven games to go.
Bidvest Wits have enjoyed a good run under Bafana Bafana legendary coach Clive Barker who was roped in towards the end of last year. The Clever Boys have not lost a game since February 16 and that has seen them climb to 4th on the PSL log.
Barker knows that winning as many games as possible for Wits this season could ensure that he gets recognition for a permanent deal with the students next season and beating Swallows will be vital.
Swallows coach Zeca Marques would be proud to have brought defender Larry Cohen in the team, as his Swallows have been tight at the back since the arrival of the former Chippa United defender earlier this year.
Cohen has formed a solid partnership with Roger Da Costa and has won several man of the match awards for his efforts, but he will have to do it without suspended Da Costa against Wits tonight.
However, Marques is expected to start with former Wits defender Ashraf Hendricks to partner Cohen at centre-back. Hendricks hasn’t seen much of a game time since the arrival of the 25-year-old Cohen.
An interesting battle will be between Wits’ Tinashe Nengomasha and Swallows’ Lefa Tsutsulupa in the middle of the park. Both players have done well for their respective clubs in the past few games.
Swallows will go into tonight’s clash 8th on the log with 31 points from 23 games and Bidvest Wits find themselves 4th on the log with 33 games from 23 games.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Moroka Swallows striker Katlego Mashego is a joint leading goalscorer with Bernard Parker who are both on 10 goals.
- Wits have never won a game at Swallows since 2009
- In head-to-head stats, Swallows and Wits have met 15 times since 2004, Swallows winning six games and Wits winning six, three games have been drawn while they have lost six times against each other.
- Swallows could move to 4th place on the log should they win against Wits tonight.
- Wits beat Swallows 2-0 in the reverse fixture, thanks to Papy Faty and Ofentse Nato’s goals.