The Dube Birds will play host to Amakhosi at the Dobsonville Stadium on Saturday evening, and Goal.com will provide you with live text commentary of the match
Chiefs are certainly the team on form at the moment, but they will have a mountain to climb against Swallows who have been doing well at home this season.
Amakhosi will be looking to maintain their lead at the top of the log, but this game won’t be easy for them, should Platinum Stars beat Chippa United in the early kickoff on Saturday.
The Dube Birds are still hoping to finish in the top eight, and a win against Chiefs could be what they need to keep their dream alive.
Zeca Marques has done well against both Sundowns and Pirates this year and he will look to continue with the giant-killing trend against Amakhosi.
Stuart Baxter has however, been unstoppable with his transition play and he has guided the Glamour Boys to a remarkable 13 unbeaten run since their loss to Platinum Stars back in November.
Lefa Tsutsulupa has always been an influential player in the Swallows midfield and together with Sibusiso Kumalo will look to bring the Chiefs’ midfield dominance to an end. Willard Katsande and Siyabonga Nkosi are expected to marshal the Chiefs midfield with Yeye Letsholonyane out suspended.
Swallows are will go into this match 9th on the log with 32 points from 25 games, while Chiefs are still on top with 52 points from 25 games.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- The last time Moroka Swallows beat Chiefs when playing at home, was in 2008.
- Kaizer Chiefs have won their last five games against Swallows.
- In head-to-head stats, Swallows and Chiefs have met 17 times since 2005, with Swallows winning five and losing eight games, while four games have been drawn.
- Swallows’ Katlego Mashego and Chiefs’ Bernard Parker are both on 10 league goals this season.
- Amakhosi beat Swallows 3-2 in the reverse fixture.