The Team of Choice are eyeing their first ever Nedbank Cup final, while Bucs will be eager to reach their fourth cup this season when the two teams meet on Saturday night
Evans, Awal, M.Booyson, Cloete
Jayiya, Morton, Mkhize, Lentjies,
Meyiwa, Jele, Sangweni, Mahamutsa, Matlaba Segolela, Manyisa, Ntshumayelo, klate Pelembe, Gabuza
will look to avoid another defeat to Orlando Pirates
when they host them in a Nedbank Cup semi-final clash at Harry Gwala Stadium on Saturday.
Maritzburg United will come up against an Absa Premiership side for the third time in this year's Nedbank Cup competition. United knocked out Mpumalanga Black Aces 2-1 in extra-time, followed by a 3-1 win over Platinum Stars on penalties after a 1-1 draw in regulation time.
The Team of Choice then defeated National First Division(NFD) side African Warriors 3-1 in the quarter-finals on extra-time away from home.
Coach Steve Komphela has a full squad ahead of their clash against Orlando Pirates. The Pietermaritzburg side has no suspensions nor injuries.
Orlando Pirates will be facing another Absa Premiership side, after beating Mamelodi Sundowns 2-1 in the quarter-finals in Pretoria.
Before that, the 2012 Nedbank Cup champions had to gun down two National First Division (NFD) sides in Thanda Royal Zulu, whom they beat 3-1 on penalties.
Followed by a 2-0 win over Santos, all three cup matches were away from home. However, that did not stop Bucs from pulling three impressive wins away from their base, Orlando Stadium.
The Buccaneers might have to do without two important strikers Lennox Bacela and Kermit Erasmus, as the pair have been struggling with injuries lately. Coach Vladimir Vermezovic's team have no suspensions.
Maritzburg United striker Terrence Mandaza has had a good run in this season's Nedbank Cup. The 29-year old Zimbabwean player has three goals under his name in three cup matches so far.
Orlando Pirates goalkeeper Senzo Meyiwa has been instrumental in Bucs' run in the Nedbank Cup. The Bafana Bafana third choice keeper pulled impressive displays during cup wins over Thanda and Sundowns.
- The Buccaneers have defeated the Team of Choice twice in the league this season. Bucs won 1-0 in the first round away and once again in the second round at home.
- Maritzburg and Pirates have met only twice in Cup matches since 2006, both matches were Telkom Knockout Cup encounters.
- Pirates have dominated this fixture in Cup matches, having beaten Maritzburg 4-2 in 2006 and 3-0 in 2011.
- In head-to-head stats since 2005, the two teams have met 18 times both in the league and cup.
- Pirates have claimed 12 wins compared to four for Maritzburg, and two matches have ended in draws.