Maritzburg United host Swallows in KwaZulu-Natal with both teams hoping to qualify for the MTN8
The Dube Birds will be hoping to move into the top eight of the log as they are currently sitting in 10th position.
Despite their 3-1 defeat against Kaizer Chiefs in their last encounter, the Soweto team will not be an easy team to beat. They are on the same mission as Maritzburg who are also in MTN8 contention, in sixth spot.
The experience of Siyabonga Nomvete will be vital in this match. It will also be remembered that Nomvete is a KwaZulu-Natal born player, so playing against United will have added incentives.
Other players that are expected to give United a hard time will be the Bafana cap Lerato Chabangu who has been in fine form. He won his spot by convincing Gordon Igesund of his quality, after his career seemed to have previously faded at one point. He is dangerous when Swallows are attacking as he is capable of providing lethal crosses direct into the box.
Katlego Mashego will be hoping to catch up with Kaizer Chiefs striker Bernard Parker in the leading scorers chart. Mashego is currently sitting with 10 goals following Parker with 12. His never say die attitude could reward him with a new call-up to the national team one again.
Maritzburg have played four successive draws in a row and this time they will be hoping to get a win. In their last encounter they had a goalless draw against SuperSport United.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Both the teams are aiming for the top eight spot of the Absa PSL.
- Maritzburg United have drawn four successive matches.
- The last time these two teams met, it was Swallows that clinched a 3-1 victory.
- The Birds have won four and suffered seven losses away from home in 13 matches.
- Maritzburg have recorded four wins, five draws, and four losses in 13 home matches.