Sundowns play host to Swallows in what should be a mouth-watering clash on Sunday, as both teams are currently top of the PSL log
Moon, Sumaila, Schut, Langerman
Zungu, Kekana, Billiat, Laffor
Cohen, Mungomeni, Da Costa, Mokgothu
Ogle, Nergadze, Mbekile, Chabangu
Swallows are two points behind the log leaders, and a win against the Tshwane giants would move them above Sundowns with 21 points although they have played one game more than Pitso Mosimane's men.
On the other hand, the Brazilians could stretch their lead at the top if they defeat Swallows. And as title contenders, Sundowns have all to play for on Sunday.
Swallows are without their influential captain Lefa Tsutsulupa, who is still nursing an injury, but Giorgi Nergadze and Asavela Mbekile will be tasked to stop the Sundowns midfield pair of Hlompho Kekana and Bongani Zungu.
The Dube Birds will also be without their joint-top goalscorer Edward Manqele who is ineligible to play against Sundowns as he's on loan until the end of the season, but Lerato Chabangu and Siyabonga Nomvethe are expected to continue scoring goals for the Soweto club.
Sundowns have Cuthbert Malajila and former Swallows hitman Katlego Mashego as their main strikers this season, and it will be interesting to see if Mashego will put one past his former club.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Sundowns are unbeaten at home so far this season.
- Swallows haven't lost to Sundowns in their past six meetings; Four wins and two draws for the Dube Birds.
- In head-to-head stats, Sundowns and Swallows have met 20 times, with Downs winning seven compared to Swallows' six, while seven games have ended in draws.
- Cuthbert Malajila is leading the Sundowns' goalscoring charts with five goals.
- Nomvethe and Chabangu have scored nine goals between them this season.