Kaizer Chiefs will eye a morale-boosting victory when they host Polokwane City on Wednesday night
Moleko, Mashamaite, Mathoho, Masilela
Tshabalala, Katsande, Yeye, Lebese
Tshilo, Molekwane, Molala, Mngqibisa
Mdludli, Moyana, Lichaba, Gopane
The defending champions have failed to regain the imperious form which saw them conquer teams with ease last season, while injuries and suspensions to key players have not helped the situation at Naturena.
AmaKhosi will have to cope without Knowledge Musona and Siboniso Gaxa due to suspension on Wednesday night, while it remains to be seen if Morgan Gould starts the match, after the defender received a two-match ban for punching Getaneh Kebede.
Tsepo Masilela could return to action on Wednesday night, and he will slot back in to his left full-back position if Baxter believes he is fit enough to take to the pitch.
A victory over City will keep Chiefs within touching distance of high-flying Mamelodi Sundowns, while any other result could seriously hamper their chances of defending the PSL crown.
Kaizer Chiefs should not expect to notch up an easy win on Wednesday night. Polokwane City have not been the PSL whipping boys this season after qualifying to play in the top-flight by winning the National First Division.
11 points from 11 games sees "Rise and Shine" resting in 11th position and the team is brimming with confidence after thumping University of Pretoria 3-0 in their last PSL match.
Bobbie Solomons will likely target a point against Chiefs, but could eye an upset due to the defending champions poor form.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- The sides have only met on four occasions, with Chiefs winning three of the encounters, while there has been a single draw between the clubs.
- Chiefs lost to Platinum Stars in the Telkom Knockout in their last match, which was the third time in three seasons that Dikwena have landed the knockout blow.
- Bernard Parker continues to score goals consistently for Chiefs and has notched up four goals this season to stay their top-scorer.
- Sphesile Nzimande has been the star for City this season, with the player scoring three times in the league.
- The last time the two sides met was in October this year, with Chiefs hammering their opponents 3-0 in the Telkom Knockout.